Alli

The Last Duel - Ridley Scott, Matt Damon & Adam Driver | October 15, 2021

Was really looking forward to seeing this. Went to the cinema last night, tried to get a seat but realised I'd left my card at home. No problem, I'll return the following night... and now as of today it seems to have disappeared from pretty much every cinema nationwide. Wtf... can't remember the last big budget film that got dropped in LESS than 2 weeks. Annoying as FUCK!

2 hours ago, Avatree said:

Was really looking forward to seeing this. Went to the cinema last night, tried to get a seat but realised I'd left my card at home. No problem, I'll return the following night... and now as of today it seems to have disappeared from pretty much every cinema nationwide. Wtf... can't remember the last big budget film that got dropped in LESS than 2 weeks. Annoying as FUCK!

Nobody wants to see it so there is no reason for theaters to keep playing a movie to empty theaters.

20 minutes ago, AJG said:

My man is HURT!

homeboy not exactly wrong

which do you think the facebook/tick tock generation is more likely to go see?  A brutal medieval drama with heavy subject matter or a colorful spiderman action movie with tabloid leads their age that they project themselves onto?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I would be too if I made a movie this damn good and nobody came to see it.

Tell old man ridley we'll watch his movie next week on Disney+ for free.

I dont know why they thought the kids were going to leave their house for this.

“I think what it boils down to — what we’ve got today [are] the audiences who were brought up on these fucking cell phones. The millennian, [who] do not ever want to be taught anything unless you told it on the cell phone,” Scott said.

What a king lol, he's 100% completely right. 

Edited by TheDude391
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

homeboy not exactly wrong

which do you think the facebook/tick tock generation is more likely to go see?  A brutal medieval drama with heavy subject matter or a colorful spiderman action movie with tabloid leads their age that they project themselves onto?

They've been making SpiderMan films for 20 years now.

From the looks of things the pagers & newspaper generation also preferred a Spidey film.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, lab276 said:

FWIW, I didn't know this was coming out until it was already in theatres. And I'm into movies. The average person had no chance.

I think I seriously saw just one ad and the only theater within an hour from me that had it playing only showed it on a small, shitty screen late at night most days. Where's Ridley on that?

Edited by cookie

2 minutes ago, cookie said:

I think I seriously saw one ad and the only theater within an hour from me that had it playing only showed it on a small, shitty screen late at night most days. Where's Ridley on that?

In that article he says Disney marketed it well and I disagree with that, the shitty marketing also played a part in is BO failure.  I don't think he wants a public spat with the mouse, its just not worth it for him.  I don't think Scott will be working with FOX anymore after the acquisition though.  Gucci is with MGM and Napoleon is with Apple. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I don't think Scott will be working with FOX anymore after the acquisition though.  Gucci is with MGM and Napoleon is with Apple. 

And Gladiator 2 is with Paramount.

To throw in my own $0.02, Disney/20th Century fucked the film further with the release date (week after Bond, week before Dune, same week as Halloween Kills).

It would've been smarter to do a limited release from early December before opening it wide in January. 

• Like 1