Alli

The Last Duel - Ridley Scott, Matt Damon & Adam Driver | October 15, 2021

1 hour ago, lab276 said:

I didn't know this was coming out until it was already in theatres. And I'm into movies.

I've seen this comment copypasted many times on different sites by different people lol. Then you're not into movies, even though you're on box office forum, but c'mon, 2 second Google search is not that hard. And you can still go see it if you finally found out it's already in theaters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cap said:

We need to stop asking old men what they think. I just don’t care anymore. Thank you for giving the world Alien. That is all. 

Bingo. The huberis to believe the current generation is the problem and not your lack of evolving to meet the world where it is today is astounding. 

Evolve or die.

• Disbelief 2

2 hours ago, Cap said:

We need to stop asking old men what they think. I just don’t care anymore. Thank you for giving the world Alien. That is all. 

Old man is not allowed to tell us what he thinks of his own movie ?

• Like 2

Tbf I think the problem was moreso the older audience not turning out than millennials due to the fact it’s a pandemic. Haven’t seen The Last Duel yet but it’s sad it didn’t do well as I have great things from a lot of people.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Bingo. The huberis to believe the current generation is the problem and not your lack of evolving to meet the world where it is today is astounding. 

Evolve or die.

What makes me laugh so hard is that people said the same thing about his and his peer’s stuff when he was young whippersnapper filmmaker.  Every generation thinks that their way is the exact way to do it. And the young kids don’t know what they’re doing. It’s just really boring. 

• Like 1

The millennials didn’t come to see it. The zoomers didn’t come. The boomers didn’t come, the Xers didn’t come, the greatest gen didn’t come… I mean, this was not a generational issue. The whole public was not interested in paying to watch this movie in a theater. That’s life.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Cap said:

What makes me laugh so hard is that people said the same thing about his and his peer’s stuff when he was young whippersnapper filmmaker.  Every generation thinks that their way is the exact way to do it. And the young kids don’t know what they’re doing. It’s just really boring. 

But he's not disparaging any other filmmaker here? 

Ridley, people aren’t paying $10 a person in this economy/pandemic to “learn something”. Money’s tight, most people are gonna use their entertainment budget for a bit of fun escapism. This isn’t a totally new phenomenon either. Hell, Blade Runner flopped 40 years ago, how has he not learned this by now?

If you’re really focused on making sure your art is seen, go the streaming route. Very easy way to reach an audience. But with a wide theatrical release, the primary goal is making as much money as possible, and you need to be widely appealing enough to get enough people to dish out for it. Is it ideal? No. But that’s the way it is, and whining won’t change anything.

For what it’s worth, I saw this movie with my Stubs A-List and it’s one of my favorites of the year. But I’m not even a little bit surprised it flopped, and it’s simply naive to have thought it wouldn’t.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Firepower said:

I've seen this comment copypasted many times on different sites by different people lol. Then you're not into movies, even though you're on box office forum, but c'mon, 2 second Google search is not that hard. And you can still go see it if you finally found out it's already in theaters.

If it’s comment you’re seeing a lot, then maybe it might be true? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cap said:

Idk I trust this particular old man more than anyone posting here

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I dig that Sir Ridley is officially at that stage in his life where he gives absolutely zero fucks what anyone thinks about what he says anymore. God bless him.

Having listened to some of is commentary track, it has been a while.

5 hours ago, YourMother said:

My man is HURT!

Some people have nothing to do with the Disney/DC movies at all get hurt when they do not well, obviously someone that put years into a project, with giant stake, will be massively hurt when they fell.

To the point of irrationality, to diminish the pain.