Alli

The Last Duel - Ridley Scott, Matt Damon & Adam Driver | October 15, 2021

1 minute ago, TMP said:

The Hustle nom is so weird, his performance in that film was so very strange. I get Sniper since it was a body transformation and Playbook was him playing a man with a mental illness, both Oscar baity properties, but in Hustle he was just ad-libbing for two hours

personally i think it's the best performance in that movie and that he finds the tone better than everyone else. he's also lowkey fantastic in Joy he just gels with russell's sensibility really well.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

with that release date i think whether it's a hit entirely depends on whether it does well with awards or not.

that's why it's tricky. if it isn't awards player and it isn't ridiculously entertianing (and that comes through in previews) forget it.

@MrGlass2 shit, I forgot the trailer. it was some time travel shit, right? so they flop even with fantasy, yikes. 

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

is he directing and acting or just acting? After the success of his bacon in Gone Girl, I'm not surprised. :lol:

Acting. That too in a Disney movie. 

The movie name is Deep Water. 

Starring : Ben Affleck and Ana De Arams 😍

8 minutes ago, SLAM! said:

It would've happened with Willem Dafoe if Supprorting Actor hadn't been stacked with veterans last year.

Damn yea honestly I thought Florida Project was much older than it actually is (thought like 2015 or something). I'll agree, Dafoe was much better than Pacino, and I think he would have been #6 pick so yea it could have happened. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

:hahaha:

Yeah, I doubt that they do. Fight on horses is the most we'll get until they fall and continue as hand to hand combat. I don't see how Scott can make that exciting all over again but we'll see. Audience is spoiled by:

giphy.gif

2db35b1c4ccac13a5df59ea4da5f29f4.gif

Ridley Scott more or less set the standard with Gladiator. I'm sure he'll bring his A-Game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1