charlie Jatinder

Monday (7/22) Numbers

9 minutes ago, UserHN said:

$75 2nd weekend is rather bad, don't you think? That's a 61% drop. I hope for $85+.

With the big previews not being in weekend 2, its definitely possible for a bad drop. I mean 85 would be 50% from just around the period less total so it's probably gonna drop more than that. 

The monday drops all seem to be within normal range. TLK is high, but it also had a crazy Sunday drop. TS4 is in line with the same monday for TS3 drop wise and the rest are all normal. Mondays have been 🤷‍♂️ all summer as business has been heavier to Tuesday. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, narniadis said:

With the big previews not being in weekend 2, its definitely possible for a bad drop. I mean 85 would be 50% from just around the period less total so it's probably gonna drop more than that. 

61% is way bad of a drop

Just now, narniadis said:

The monday drops all seem to be within normal range. TLK is high, but it also had a crazy Sunday drop. TS4 is in line with the same monday for TS3 drop wise and the rest are all normal. Mondays have been 🤷‍♂️ all summer as business has been heavier to Tuesday. 

how is lion king that high ? all the movies dropped from sunday around 55-57 % , lion king opened huge and its drop wasnmt that far with 59% , so no its not really that big of a drop compare to the rest

14 minutes ago, UserHN said:

$75 2nd weekend is rather bad, don't you think? That's a 61% drop. I hope for $85+.

That's the absolute worst case scenario, of course I'm hoping for 85+ too but I'm trying to stay level headed so it doesn't turn into a disappointment (for me) if it falls short of those lofty expectations.

The 75 is in case Thursday drops to something like 15, which I doubt will happen, but I'm keeping my ranges open for now. Will close them down going forward, after this week, as more data comes into play.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, john2000 said:

61% is way bad of a drop

Not saying it isnt a bad drop, just a reminder that massive preview money skews the drop from weekend 1. 

Also, toward your 2nd question, a nearly 60% Monday drop in mid July is high - but it had an unusually great Sunday drop so the correction isn't bad or necessarily unexpected. 

Learning Box office doesnt mean we are negative all the time, just realistic - even if the numbers feel like they would / might be bad. 

TLK will drop at least 55% this weekend and I doubt 85 is where it gets as that would statistically be a high hold for July. 

• Like 1

The drop for TLK isn’t that bad in comparison to the other big summer films this year. 

If the number holds, TLK dropped 59.7% 

TS4 first Monday was 58.4% and FFH was 57.6%

I’m putting in my number for today at $27.5m 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Waffles said:

Executive producer/actor in EG, actor in FFH, and director/producer of TLK. All three billion grossers.  Looks like John Favreau is the ultimate winner this year.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 7

41 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Endgame will be 4th film to gross $500mn after 1st weekend.

SW: TFA $689mn

Titanic: $572mn

Endgame: $505mn expected

BP: $498mn Approx

tenor.gif?itemid=11579528

• Like 1