27.3 (+30%)

17.75 (-35%)

16.9 (-5%)

= 83.0 // ~275 1 week

23.7 (+40%)

31.9 (+35%)

25.5 (-20%)

= 81.1 (-58%) // ~356 10-day

I'm thinking higher Tuesday kick and sharper Wednesday drop, but we'll see:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Gitesh calling the Monday drop “superb”. 

:wintf:

If -60% for the Lion King is “superb”, what was -55% for Incredibles 2 despite an inflated Sunday? - incredible

Pretty sure he’s just calling the amount superb.

• Like 1

So TLK needs a 42.5% increase today to get to 30M. I don't think I would call the drop superb. Solid would be a good word. (It's below FFH and TS4 first Monday and most of the Horror movies, but is better than everything else).

FFH about 450K behind HC's Monday.

TS4 ahead of TS3 again - 9th straight day. Will likely add at least 1M to its buffer today and be close to a 15M cushion after tomorrow.

Edited by RamblinRed

If TLK makes $90 m in wknd#2 then $600 m is guaranteed.

If TLK makes between $85-$89 m then $600 m is likely but not guaranteed.

Likewise, if TLK makes less than $80 m this coming wknd then I'd say that $600 m is not happening. But that's just me. Not guaranteed.

If TLK somehow makes less than $75 m this coming weekend (HIGHLY unlikely) then $600 m is gone. $75 m means it's just not resonating with audiences enough to get to $600 m despite the RT audience score.

2 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

So TLK needs a 42.5% increase today to get to 30M. I don't think I would call the drop superb. Solid would be a good word. (It's below FFH and TS4 first Monday and most of the Horror movies, but is better than everything else).

FFH about 450K behind HC's Monday.

Good enough for a track towards 600 mil

I thought this was pretty interesting. I don't have a very high estimation of CinemaScore (or PosTrack or imdb/rotten tomatoes ratings either) but I didn't realize the CinemaScore polling process was so.... janky

It's funny to me to realize this mostly inconsequential data point that people take so seriously is gathered like... that.

• Like 2

Just now, LawrenceBrolivier said:

I thought this was pretty interesting. I don't have a very high estimation of CinemaScore (or PosTrack or imdb/rotten tomatoes ratings either) but I didn't realize the CinemaScore polling process was so.... janky

It's funny to me to realize this mostly inconsequential data point that people take so seriously is gathered like... that.

I got one at Mary Poppins Returns, I guess since it's only a few theaters across the country it's easy to count.

I'd say TLK has an 80% chance of getting to $600 million. Just an arbitrary number, but that's my take.

I don't see it having a $95 m second weekend. I think that $90 m is possible but $85-$90 m seems to be a logical range. 53-56% drop. On par with Aladdin and TS4. Seems about right with what we've seen. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jedijake said:

If TLK makes $90 m in wknd#2 then $600 m is guaranteed.

If TLK makes between $85-$89 m then $600 m is likely but not guaranteed.

Likewise, if TLK makes less than $80 m this coming wknd then I'd say that $600 m is not happening. But that's just me. Not guaranteed.

If TLK somehow makes less than $75 m this coming weekend (HIGHLY unlikely) then $600 m is gone. $75 m means it's just not resonating with audiences enough to get to $600 m despite the RT audience score.

Who the hell cares? It's gonna make over a billion, Disney sure doesn't.