charlie Jatinder

Tuesday (7/23) Numbers

49 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

More O/U Gotg2 than O/U 400 I think, TLK did just enough damage. Gotg2 was a fine bump from Gotg1 and so too shall be FFH, but I really hope SM3 can bump to something really big, like 450+.

Naa, Its still on 395-405.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PKMLover said:

but the release of bluray and digital will affect it one week later.

Does that really matter though after your movie just snapped Avatars WW record out of existence?

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, maxalcamo said:

What are strange phenomenon these disney remakes are. I think in the history of movies we never have such irrilevant movies doing so many money. 

As long as audiences support them, I think Disney won't care if haters call their movies "irrelevant".

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, UserHN said:

As long as audiences support them, I think Disney won't care if haters call their movies "irrelevant".

Disney is first and foremost a company that wants to make profit. Lion King may be the most blatant copycat movie of all time, but it just opened with 191M DOM and 530M WW. Nobody can blame them to keep making these movies if thats the kind of results they're getting. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I would love to see live action remakes if animated films from other studios as well. They can even remake their own flawed animated films.

Which is why I’ll say this: I would be interested in a live action remake of certain animated films like.....”Quest for Camelot” (Warner Bros) & ”The Swan Princess” (Sony) for example. Greatly improve on what was flawed in their animated counterparts yet still honor & pay tribute to them as well. Not be exactly carbon copies but be their own things.

I wouldn't call anything that opens to near $200m "irrelevant". These movies clearly have more of a pulse on what moviegoing audiences want than most other films do, otherwise they wouldn't do nearly this well.

• Like 1

FFH is now closely mirroring Homecoming.

From this Tuesday, Homecoming grossed 75M. If FFH grosses more or less the same, it will finish just over 400M.

This weekend, lack of new competition will help FFH to have a good/great hold. Let's see legs through August, but it will be dificult to follow the strong holds Homecoming had.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Yeah. 💁🏻‍♀️

And also....Aladdin passed Zootopia’s $341M DOM.

Sad. I enjoyed Aladdin but Zootopia is the superior movie.

14 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Greatly improve on what was flawed in their animated counterparts yet still honor & pay tribute to them as well. Not be exactly carbon copies but be their own things.

I think it goes without saying they won’t do that if there’s nostalgia involved.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

26 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Disney is first and foremost a company that wants to make profit. Lion King may be the most blatant copycat movie of all time, but it just opened with 191M DOM and 530M WW. Nobody can blame them to keep making these movies if thats the kind of results they're getting. 

Especially considering that it will outgross all other non-Disney/non-Marvel movies easily. Highest non-Disney/non-Marvel movie right now is Wandering Earth with 699.8M and behind that it's How to Train your Dragon with 519.8M. And the only other movies that this year beside the ones that already opened gross more than The Wandering Earth will be Frozen 2, RTOS, Jumanji, It and probably Hobbs & Shaw and I guess Maleficent has a tiny chance as does Joker.

• Like 1

Following Incredibles 2, The lion king could drop as much as 35% on Wednesday and be well on track for a x3.3 multi and Allowance for a little more because of I2's harsh Thursday and weekend. That's how crazy this increase is

Edited by ogkalu

25 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Sad. I enjoyed Aladdin but Zootopia is the superior movie.

I think it goes without saying they won’t do that if there’s nostalgia involved.

Unless risks are taken. 🤷🏻‍♀️

And if they do it for the right reasons while bringing a bit of nostalgia with them and play their trump cards right, it might work better than expected. See Disney’s TJB-remake for example.

Hollywood just needs the right, competent & perfect filmmakers & cast to do so.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

1 minute ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Unless risks are taken. 🤷🏻‍♀️

And if they do it for the right reasons while bringing a bit of nostalgia with them and play their trump cards right, it might work better than expected. See Disney’s TJB-remake for example.

Hollywood just needs the right, competent & perfect filmmakers & cast to do so.

Iffy quality aside those movies were money losers.  There's no sizable audience there for nostalgia. 

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=swanprincess.htm

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=questforcamelot.htm

You know, and I don't want to get ahead of myself here, but this 30 million Tuesday sure is awesome and makes Deadline's 95 million 2nd weekend prediction seem not as crazy as it did a day ago. Either way with this I think the weekend moved from 75-85 to 85-95 and I don't know about some of you but I'm very happy about that.

Also Toy Story 4 really just amazing legs, keeps improving its lead over TS3 and Charlie's 455 number might actually end up happening.

Oh and Far From Home beat Homecoming, which is great, but I think come Wednesday it will fall back behind, so 400 million might still be too tough an ask from this sequel.

Aladdin just doing Aladdin things at this point, and if it keeps this madness up we might need to start talking about even catching up to The Jungle Book, which is just nuts considering where it all started.