charlie Jatinder

Wednesday (7/24)

22 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Should have made Dora R-Rated. Imagine a bloody, grimdark murder mystery with a cursing Dora exploring it. Would have made all the money.

Lol better than what they made for sure. Frankly I kinda hope it's horrible. Maybe that's wrong but I can't understand why they picked an adult for a kids movie. Looks like they made the movie for middle school kids and Dora was made for toddlers and young kids.

1 hour ago, RamblinRed said:

If Disney decides to do a Labor Day expansion this year it will be interesting to see which movie they pick. Both Aladdin and TS4 have strong rationales. If you expanded Aladdin it could probably get to 360M. If you do TS4 you could probably push it over 440 and past Shrek 2 and definitely guarantee it a spot in the Top 20 DOM All-time.

By Labour Day:

- EG would be useless. No milestone to reach neither dom (900) nor ww (I think the 2800 would have been reached by then with some more dom+intl). 

- Aladdin would already be above 1B ww, and a LD expansion wouldn't take it to 400M dom.

- TS4 would already be ahead of TS3 dom, and in the 1B ww, without 500 dom out of reach. 

So I think the LD expansion will be for TLK to go as high as possible given it's the summer tentpole (even though it might not add more than 10-15M, or 20 or 25, I don't know, but for a 600M movie, that amount is irrelevant). I would prefer TLK to go as high as possible in the charts, rather than TS4 or Aladdin.

1 hour ago, RamblinRed said:

Pretty easy to like Disney this year as they are having a year that is going to be standing as an all timer for probably a decade or more.

By the end of the year they are likely to have the top 5 DOM movies of the year

AE (Marvel), TROS (Lucasfilm), TLK (BV), F2 (WDAS), TS4 (Pixar) - and one of each from its 5 major studios. It will also have #7 and 8 - CM (Marvel), Aladdin (BV). 

If your #5 is TS4 (let's say 430M, or 450M being too generous) and then you say Cm #7 (at 426M) ... what movie is coming #6 in between? FFH? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J-One said:

Today is the day.

Mighty master of numbers,

are there international daily updates for TLK anywhere? I remember BOM and maybe Deadline (or Forbes-ScottMendelson) doing them eventually for big movies, at least during first (or second) weekdays ... not happening for TLK anywhere? Is Disney not giving those numbers for some reason?

By today it should be nearing 750-800M ww. How much above CM will TLK be on sunday?

3 hours ago, Bagatelle31 said:

Is Thursday expected to stay flat or drop again?

3 hours ago, Alex SciChannel said:

If I were to bet I'd say it should start pretty flat or increase by a percent or 2

It'll drop for sure. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, meriodejaneiro said:

By Labour Day:

- EG would be useless. No milestone to reach neither dom (900) nor ww (I think the 2800 would have been reached by then with some more dom+intl). 

- Aladdin would already be above 1B ww, and a LD expansion wouldn't take it to 400M dom.

- TS4 would already be ahead of TS3 dom, and in the 1B ww, without 500 dom out of reach. 

So I think the LD expansion will be for TLK to go as high as possible given it's the summer tentpole (even though it might not add more than 10-15M, or 20 or 25, I don't know, but for a 600M movie, that amount is irrelevant). I would prefer TLK to go as high as possible in the charts, rather than TS4 or Aladdin.

If your #5 is TS4 (let's say 430M, or 450M being too generous) and then you say Cm #7 (at 426M) ... what movie is coming #6 in between? FFH? 

#6 will be FFH. Which is a Sony movie - though a Marvel production.

I'm also not convinced that F2 will beat TS4, especially if TS4 legs out to 450. There is potential for F2 to be ESB like. A really good movie, that is much darker than the original and does less money (or whose increase is not as large as expected). To me the trailers for F2 to this point have been much darker looking than Frozen. They don't have the same sense of joy. If it is darker i could see it hurting its BO overall.

2 hours ago, john2000 said:

even though it probably wont happen, i hope that people should take a lesson from this year, and the lesson is to not write off movies so quickly and to not be so sure of themselves and with their opinions, especially when they have minimal info for example 1) lion king will make 2 billion, i mean it has a lot interesest, however many people didn use their logic here as remakes arent as big in many territories so lion king to had a chance to make 2 bill,2) godzilla will make easy 700-800 million ,even though the movies at least of this kind arent doing well dom and and as big os,3) toy story will  make 700-800 noone cares about ts4, i mean look at the trailer views pickachu trumps it, yeah ,ts4 is an uneccesary sequel, again people judge with their feeling,4)aladdin will make 500-600 ,(for this case i understand where this people came from,) however aladdin is very popular, i cant say anything about captain marvel as many were close and had valid points,5) spiderman ffh will decrease from hc, every spiderman sequel decreases yeah ......... ( it could decrease however again people were 100% confident in that only with their gut feeleeing, oh and lets not forget the biggest detective pickahu will hit 1 billion eay peasy, maybe it could hit 1 billion from os alone, i mean its the biggest media franchise in the world, even those some of this movies didnt even came close, also look at the trailer views 

To make my point clear, no i am not saying that people shoouldnt be confident in their opinions or dont have opinions, of course not, what i am saying that is that people should be optimistic but when they have minimal info they should be also cautious, dont overreact and bring doom and gloom bc on movie had a bad drop or bc it didnt meet their expactions, it a different thing to be dissapointed , and its a different thing to overreact all  the time, so i hope people next time try to be more openminded

ps if someone disagrees with me thats ok :)

ps i am writing from my phone and quickly, so sorry for some mistakes

I think the internet movie base has fallen in love with huge openings. It has sort of forgot a little bit that the opening isn't everything for a movie. i actually enjoy seeing the movies with great legs and great runs. That is why Aladdin and TS4 have been fun to follow this summer. For all the negative reactions its opening weekend generated here on this board, TS4 may leg out to be the 3rd highest grossing animated picture ever. 

it's sort of an outcome of the social media world we live in today. Everyone has to express their opinion (without actually listening to anyone else), everyone has to have a hot take. I don't have a twitter account and plan to never have one. IMO Twitter has been an absolute negative for our society. it is impossible to have any real conversation in 140 (or now 280) characters. The internet and even twitter are in no way representative of society at large. There have been studies done on this. 85% of twitter traffic is dominated by 10% of twitter users. it also tends to be the 10% most extreme. if you don't shout on twitter you don't generate traffic on it. 

• Like 2