The Panda

BOT’s Top 30 Comic Book Movies of All Time - Lists Due Aug 12 | NOT THE FRANCHISE WAR THREAD l Submissions are closed!

Edge of tomorrow is not a comic book? I am not familiar with Manga but I don't see how this can't be eligible.

@The Panda could we get clarification on this? Good chance edge of tomorrow would make my list if eligible.

All-You-Need-Is-Kill-int.jpg

all-you-need-is-kill-4851881.jpg

AllYouNeedIsKillPage.jpg

What All You Need Is Kill looks like inside -  a novel

https://books.google.com/books/about/All_You_Need_Is_Kill.html?id=izedAgAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=kp_read_button#v=onepage&q&f=false

There was a Manga adaptation after

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_You_Need_Is_Kill

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

oh Okay. So the pages I linked above are from the 2014 film tie-in, the original is an actual novel.

I'm so torn on whether to submit...I want to uphold past movies...but so many of them just aren't as good as what's been done so recently.  And I've seen so many supers, but so many only once...decisions, decisions...

All I do know is that Green Lantern, Thor 2, Antman and The Wasp, Suicide Squad, and BvS will never make that list...(take that as a "for your reverse consideration")... after that, hmmmm...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I'm so torn on whether to submit...I want to uphold past movies...but so many of them just aren't as good as what's been done so recently.  And I've seen so many supers, but so many only once...decisions, decisions...

All I do know is that Green Lantern, Thor 2, Antman and The Wasp, Suicide Squad, and BvS will never make that list...(take that as a "for your reverse consideration")... after that, hmmmm...

I am have similar issue with some films I wanted to put on it, but know that the board hates.  I'm goin to put them on anyway.  It's your list!  And it's only 30.  (it's technically only 7 if you just submit an MCU ranking + Batman :ph34r:;))

ETA: Also, everyone who has posted a list has got a like from me.  TWS on it = Screaming Stanley; TWS off it = Sad Doctor.  Either way, you're getting the like.

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Avatree said:

Edge of tomorrow is not a comic book? I am not familiar with Manga but I don't see how this can't be eligible.

@The Panda could we get clarification on this? Good chance edge of tomorrow would make my list if eligible.

All-You-Need-Is-Kill-int.jpg

all-you-need-is-kill-4851881.jpg

AllYouNeedIsKillPage.jpg

48 minutes ago, cannastop said:

@The Panda

Is Captain Underpants eligible? It was a book with lots of illustrations.

What about Diary of a Wimpy Kid?

Edge of Tomorrow yes

Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Captain Underpants I wouldn’t count

aaaand I did my 2nd ranked list (sure tomorrow it would be another kind of ranking)

As I do not watch animated, the list of possible titles was a bit smaller I guess

sent a PM

have lots of fun

5 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

People have diverse tastes and preferences. I have yet to finalise my list, but Thor 2 is somewhere in 15-20th place, and Green Lantern in 28-30th in my list.

There are perhaps some lists that contain zero entry of MCU movies. Fine, their preferences. My list is mine. Why so serious?

Finally finished my list up. Not going to lie, it was incredibly easy to come up with a list of 50 comic book movies that I love, but it was also like pulling goddamn nails to actually try and get them in any kind of ranking/order. Had to make some hard cuts on this one to trim it down to 30.

Also, I was surprised to realise that more than half of my Top 30 weren't Marvel/DC movies (barely). Turns out I'm not quite as much of a superhero shill as I initially thought I was.

Also also, I was not joking when I said I was going to stan the hell out of Speed Racer for this.

Anyway, here's my list.  

1. Speed Racer
  2. The Avengers
  3. Into the Spiderverse
  4. Ghost in the Shell
  5. The Dark Knight
  6. In this Corner of the World
  7. Avengers: Endgame
  8. Avengers: Infinity War
  9. The Death of Stalin
  10. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  11. A Silent Voice
  12. Miss Hokusai
  13. Wonder Woman
  14. Black Panther
  15. Batman Begins
  16. Men in Black
  17. Civil War
  18. Guardians of the Galaxy
  19. Thor Ragnarok
  20. Sin City
  21. Hellboy 2
  22. Castle of Cagliostro
  23. X-Men Days of Future Past
  24. Deadpool
  25. Kingsman
  26. Persepolis
  27. Whisper of the Heart
  28. Snowpiercer
  29. Dredd
  30. The Twelve Tasks of Asterix

• Like 5
  • Astonished 1

Primarily I like Raimi's Spider-Man, Avengers, Iron Man, and Batman (but not in the usual order). Not a fan of X-Men, animation films (caused me dizziness). Have soft spots for Thor, Fantastic Four, and Hulk.

1. Spider-Man 2 (2004)
  2. Batman Returns (1992)
  3. Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
  4. Avengers: Endgame (2019)
  5. Iron Man (2008)
  6. Superman 2 (1980)
  7. Spider-Man (2002)
  8. Avengers (2012)
  9. Captain America:  Winter Soldier (2014)
  10. Iron Man 3 (2013)
  11. Dredd (2012)
  12. The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
  13. The Incredible Hulk (2008)
  14. Thor (2011)
  15. Wonder Woman (2017)
  16. Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
  17. Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007)
  18. Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
  19. Thor: The Dark World (2013)
  20. Superman (1978)
  21. Logan (2017)
  22. Black Panther (2018)
  23. The Dark Knight (2008)
  24. Edge of Tomorrow (2014)
  25. Alita:  Battle Angel (2019)
  26. Spider-Man 3 (2007)
  27. Hulk (2003)
  28. Fantastic Four (2005)
  29. Green Lantern (2011)
  30. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)
  31. Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019) (in case Edge of Tomorrow not counted)

Honorary mentions: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017), Aquaman (2018), Kick-Ass (2010).

Want to see most: sequel to Dredd (not going to happen sadly), MCU Fantastic 4 reboot.

Edited by justvision
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1