The Panda

BOT’s Top 30 Comic Book Movies of All Time - Lists Due Aug 12 | NOT THE FRANCHISE WAR THREAD l Submissions are closed!

1. Avengers Endgame

2. The Dark Knight

3. Avengers: Infinity War

4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

5. Spider-Man: Into The Spiderverse

6. Akira

7. Oldboy (2003)

8. Logan

9. The Avengers

10. Road to Perdition

11. Superman: The Movie

12. Ghost in The Shell

13. Batman Returns

14. Persepolis

15. Spider-Man 2

16. Only Yesterday

17. A History of Violence

18. Guardians of The Galaxy Vol 2

19. Hellboy II

20. Batman 66 

21. Speed Racer

22. Snowpiercer

23. Dredd

24. The Wind Rises

25. Black Panther

26. Whisper of The Heart

27. Batman: Mask of The Phantasm

28. X-Men: Days of Future Past

29. Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World

30. Wonder Woman 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

12 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

I'm thinking more like Akira. Maybe Nausicaa as well. 

Akira is definitely good shit, if you saw my list. Not a big fan of Nausicaa though. But if like 1/3 of your list is manga adaptions, where else will you find movies?

7 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Akira is definitely good shit, if you saw my list. Not a big fan of Nausicaa though. But if like 1/3 of your list is manga adaptions, where else will you find movies?

idk, that was an off-the-cuff answer, I know there's a bunch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_based_on_manga

Such as this masterpiece:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Tits_Zombie

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

It troubles me how Watchmen is mentioned on very few lists.

I think it's fine. When you include movies from Japan they are very solid, so there's not much room to include Watchmen when other comic book movies from hollywood take that spot

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Nero said:

Wait for 7 years. You will have 50 or 100 movies easily

Well there are huge volumes of Detective Conan and One Piece movies that never really got a proper release in the USA. Maybe they should fill it out. :P

24 minutes ago, baumer said:

It troubles me how Watchmen is mentioned on very few lists.

It’s cause everyone knows Watchmen peaks at its opening credits. 😉 

(also I sent you a PM)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

Everyone knows you can't have 50 or 100 good comic book movies.

/s?

I'm actually a huge CBM fan, and was surprised at how hard it was to fill the list with 30 movies I found really good. I mean, I wouldn't really think Thor: The Dark World would make it, but it was the only thing I could fill the last spot with.

Though I just remembered The Dark Knight Rises, which would have been above Thor 2. Also, I don't remember the original spider-man trilogy well enough to include any of them.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ThiagoMaia said:

I'm actually a huge CBM fan, and was surprised at how hard it was to fill the list with 30 movies

This is why my list's probably going to be in at 11:59:59PM on August 10.  The first 10 were locked.  Second 10 easy.  Last 10?  Gotta think about that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Once Manga was added doing a Top 30 List b/c very easy and very hard because there are probably 10-20 more B+ movies CBM I could have added to my list.

Well I mean. It's not all top shelf ghibli, because lots of Miyazaki's best work is his own creation and not manga first.

I did hear someone say that The Wind Rises shouldn't count as a comic book movie though, I guess because it didn't feel like one. Or the source material was obscure.

I do heavily endorse Otomo's Akira, which has a lot of overlap with Ghibli in terms of artists.

Edited by cannastop

:rolleyes: 

:D

Lol, as I do not watch animated (as told, I am 2d-sighted and animated is somehow wrong for me / my eyes), also am not a gamer....

I had not as much to pluck from.

A few titles other here named I have not even heard of... some I have to catch up to (a few discs are bought since some time, but the mood never struck)