sfran43

Weekend Thread: Top 5 Actuals- The Lion King $76.62M | OUATIH $41.08M | SM: FFH $12.45M | TS3 $10.45M | CRAWL $4.06M

https://deadline.com/2019/07/once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood-quentin-tarantino-box-office-lion-king-weekend-1202654606/

Sony’s Once Upon a Time in Hollywood had a fantastic night at the box office with $5.8M from showtimes that began at 4PM, and ComScore/Screen Engine PostTrak exits are great at a solid 4 stars and 55% definite recommend.

While tracking at the Quentin Tarantino ode to the summer of ’69 in the low $30Ms, he could very well be looking at his best opening of his career, besting Inglourious Basterds‘ $38M.

Prior to this the biggest preview night for Tarantino was Inglourious Basterds’ midnight shows with $1.3M back in August 2009. Last night’s haul beats Dunkirk‘s $5.5M, another July pic from a moviegoer fave auteur which wound up squashing its $35M-$40M tracking at the time with a $50.5M.

I'm not certain of it crossing $20m today. With the 4pm previews and the longer runtime, I'm not sure they'd fit in a lot more shows today than they did yesterday.

Either way, it's really strong and should hit a $50m weekend.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Not surprised at all. PS for today is really good. I have looked at several cities and evening shows are close to sellouts. At Arclight hollywood it has presold like 6000 tickets !!!! I am sure its gonna have a huge OD. 60m+ OW for sure.

60 isn't locked at all. 50 I think is even then that's 8.63x. I actually think a safe bet is in-between 50-60

Edited by cdsacken