sfran43

Weekend Thread: Top 5 Actuals- The Lion King $76.62M | OUATIH $41.08M | SM: FFH $12.45M | TS3 $10.45M | CRAWL $4.06M

1 minute ago, Alli said:

It is His most mature film... Crtics Say so

iI don't rally think it's his most mature film. It's just the majority of the film avoids Tarantino' trademark gory violence and the subject matter is old hollywood

4 pm previews is really early.

Like I know quite some cinemas in Germany that have their earliest show for an adult movie at 5 pm, so 4 pm showings would be basically a full day.

And on a normal day for a movie not called Endgame etc. I'd say probably 75-85 % of the admissions are for screenings that start at 4 pm or later.

don't know, maybe people in the US go earlier.

A question:

Are the screens and the number of seats so limited that people use TLK keeping screens as an explanation for the Hollywood low Friday number (which is just a prediction based on midday? numbers).

Edited by Taruseth
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, xiazhi said:

Sub 50% 2nd weekend drop is rare this year. Not even aladdin and TS4 couldnt manage that.

With Previews getting bigger and earlier every year, that shoudnt be a surprise. If the studios would count the "Previews" as a separate Thursday number, those 2nd weekend Friday-to-Friday and overall 2nd weekend drops would look a lot better.

13 minutes ago, xiazhi said:

Sub 50% 2nd weekend drop is rare this year. Not even aladdin and TS4 couldnt manage that.

You're saying that like those two aren't some of the leggiest movies of the summer. Aladdin might end up with a 4 multi, despite opening on Memorial Day weekend while Toy Story 4 is looking to at least match Toy Story 3's multi. The Lion King will finish with around a 3, which is certainly nothing to cry about for a movie that opened to $191.8 million.

Yes, it will be above a 50% drop, but that's what most realistically expected anyway.

• Like 1

So TLK 10-day under AEG ow :ohmygod:. Who would have thunk AEG would be that much of a monster.

Similar to I2's 350 10-day though TLK started higher.

---

Hoping OUATH Fri goes up after that big preview numbers. Was expecting OD to be 3x the previews for about 17.5

---

80 is tough for TLK even being optimistic

22 (+47%) + 30.5 (+39%) + 26.5 (-13%) = 79

Edited by a2k

7 hours ago, Alli said:

the market was hungry for an adult movie. all we had was disney kids movies

and parents had all the time in the world with kids boycotting tlk :lol:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, a2k said:

So TLK 10-day under AEG ow :ohmygod:. Who would have thunk AEG would be that much of a monster.

Similar to I2's 350 10-day though TLK started higher.

Hoping OUATH Fri goes up after that big preview numbers. Was expecting OD to be 3x the previews for about 17.5

I still kind of refuse to believe that Endgame earned 109M on a single day. Like, that is so absurd.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 2

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I still kind of refuse to believe that Endgame earned 109M on a single day. Like, that is so absurd.

Only Captain Marvel and TS4 made more domestically than Endgame's OW so far this year. That's how absurd Endgame was.

• Like 3