sfran43

Weekend Thread: Top 5 Actuals- The Lion King $76.62M | OUATIH $41.08M | SM: FFH $12.45M | TS3 $10.45M | CRAWL $4.06M

20 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

my 12-plex has already gotten rid of it

my 12-plex is down to 2 showings of Crawl this week, while the other 2 main theaters still are giving it a full screen each

Stuber has a single showing at the 12-plex, 2 showings at the medium one, and 3 showtimes at the biggest one. That's logical, right?

Yesterday has a full screen at each of the 2 smaller theaters, but only has 2 showtimes at the largest one. Go figure. Not so logical.

Annabelle has 2 showings at one and 4 showings at another.

Midsommar is gone from all three!

16 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Been seeing some ads for good boys

funny trailer. Hope it does well in August 

Good Boys has gotten laughs when I've seen the trailer play in theaters. It might do okay. It's not like the market has been overloaded with comedies lately or anything.

Hopefully its not one of those cases where all the good jokes are in the trailer. Because it is a good trailer, but I'd rather be entertained for 90 minutes than 2 minutes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Hmm nah the big theatre drops are usually in week 3 and it didn’t lose too many yesterday. 

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

It shouldn't lose that much next weekend since there's only new movie opening but it (and a whole bunch of other movies) will definitely see big theater loses on August 9 (and the 16th afterwards) when no less than 5 new movies open.

I imagine Hobbs and Shaw will take up a good deal more screen space than Hollywood and more importantly Crawl will have one of the lowest PTAs in the chart this weekend (wasn't the case last week).

Speaking of smaller runs, what sort of numbers are people here expecting for the BTS movie? 

Despite having overpriced tickets, it's currently outselling all 5 of the movies that open on August 9 combined.

Of course, all those presales may be the full extent of BTS sales, with little else to come.

But it seems like it's going to put up numbers that are at least worth reporting.

14 minutes ago, kitik said:

Good Boys has gotten laughs when I've seen the trailer play in theaters. It might do okay. It's not like the market has been overloaded with comedies lately or anything.

Hopefully its not one of those cases where all the good jokes are in the trailer. Because it is a good trailer, but I'd rather be entertained for 90 minutes than 2 minutes.

Agreed but it’s rated r and it’s seem pretty tame in trailer 

so the edgy humour should be in movie more and laughs will continue 

3 hours ago, Brainbug said:

http://www.ladbible.com/entertainment/film-and-tv-marvel-super-fan-has-seen-avengers-endgame-128-times-20190618

June 18th 2019

Marvel Super-Fan Has Seen Avengers: Endgame 128 Times

That was on June 18th, which was Endgames 54th day in theatralic play. That means that guy had seen Endgame aprox. 2,37 times every day since its release.

So yeah, i believe there were/are people who have seen Endgame multiple times on the same day lol.

Yeah, flash forward to now, and the guy has seen Endgame an extra 73 times, which is a mind-blowing 201 times!  🤯

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 2

39 minutes ago, kitik said:

Speaking of smaller runs, what sort of numbers are people here expecting for the BTS movie? 

Despite having overpriced tickets, it's currently outselling all 5 of the movies that open on August 9 combined.

Of course, all those presales may be the full extent of BTS sales, with little else to come.

But it seems like it's going to put up numbers that are at least worth reporting.

The only movie my 13 year old daughter cares about

7 minutes ago, Waffles said:

Yeah, flash forward to now, and the guy has seen Endgame an extra 73 times, which is a mind-blowing 201 times!  🤯

201 times 3 hours is over 25 days straight sitting in a theater watching endgame.  Using AMC's thing he doesn't have to pay for 3 of those shows per week right?  That's still 159 times that he had to pay for it, at least $7 per ticket if he lives somewhere with relatively cheap matinees, over 11 hundred dollars.

• ...wtf 5
  • Disbelief 1

5 minutes ago, MattW said:

201 times 3 hours is over 25 days straight sitting in a theater watching endgame.  Using AMC's thing he doesn't have to pay for 3 of those shows per week right?  That's still 159 times that he had to pay for it, at least $7 per ticket if he lives somewhere with relatively cheap matinees, over 11 hundred dollars.

imagine if he ate a large popcorn for every showing.

without extra butter at Amc that's 207,000 calories. 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

20 minutes ago, MattW said:

This dude is like those toddlers that watch the same movie on repeat everyday

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

2 hours ago, cdsacken said:

:ohmygod:incredible like a whole day. I'm jealous

It’s funny. We basically over bought the LS13 IMAX screen because we didn’t know what we wanted to do on Friday night. Like, what if it sucks? Get the 2:30AM IMAX screen so we can go to a Broadway show on Friday night. What if dinner runs late? Buy 6:30 and 10:00PM for options. We got out of the Thursday showing. Bestie: “We’re using all of them, right?” Me: “Um... TalismanRing messaged back they already have their tickets and don’t want one of our showings, yes. We are using all of them.”  😂😂😂

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

This dude is like those toddlers that watch the same movie on repeat everyday

I miss that feeling of wonder even the cheapest of the cheapest movies gave me as a kid.  Even after watching them for the 20th time. :(

Edited by Poseidon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jake Gittes said:

I imagine Hobbs and Shaw will take up a good deal more screen space than Hollywood and more importantly Crawl will have one of the lowest PTAs in the chart this weekend (wasn't the case last week).

Even so, it's still looking to place in the top 5 this weekend (even if that speaks more to the dire state of the marketplace - everything outside the top 4 looks to make less than $4M this weekend, and in late July no less, which is no doubt what's really concerning to the industry and not Disney Domination or whatever) and theaters need content to fill their screens. Smaller locations will drop it but multiplexes will definitely hold onto it for at least another week next weekend.