sfran43

Weekend Thread: Top 5 Actuals- The Lion King $76.62M | OUATIH $41.08M | SM: FFH $12.45M | TS3 $10.45M | CRAWL $4.06M

3 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

Damn, I wanted the 1B ww this sunday. It will come on monday (or tuesday the latest). At this point, 1.5B seems locked (600+900 or 550+950). Still below what I expected, (wanted 2B) but impressive anyway.

I wonder how high can TS4 go. Will it surpass TS3 1.067? that's 150M away ... seems far, but 50 extra dom can be doable, and 100 os after a 19M weekend (or a 38M week mon-sun) ... could happen. 

I think it will pass TS3

Can make $ 45M more domestically, could do $ 50M more on Japan alone, still around $ 30-35M on current markets, and $ 30-40M on countries that still has to come.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Didn't really like JEJ's work here either. Especially jarring given the direct comparison to his work in the first.

To be fair, he's 88 years old compared to the spry age of 63. By this point, it shouldn't be a shock that his voice isn't up to date compared to 25 years ago (of course that doesn't really excuse Disney hiring him at his state, but whatever, part of the legacy, "no one can replace him", all that jazz)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I mean the movie was disappointing in comparison to the original so it shouldn't surprise anyone.

Yeah I suppose so. Plus several people have mentioned the huge previews affects the weekend drop, which does make sense, since previews are just getting bigger and bigger as Thursday starts to become its own 4th day of the weekend.

I guess the box office is a vastly changing landscape right now, and I'm someone who doesn't handle change very well haha.