a2k

Tuesday July 30 | Daily Numbers

34 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

Yesterday is going to be close to a 4X multiplier by Sunday. Will get there next week. 

Only other wide release movie this year so far to have a 4X multiplier is The Upside - released Jan 11th with a 20.255M opening weekend on its way to a 108.2M total.

Aladdin will get close

27 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

50% week-over-week drop...much better than yesterday...but may not continue next week after the showing slashes this weekend...

Doesn't really matter. 500m lock and 1.5B lock. Probably more than it deserves but it will net a ton of money

I suspect after this next week it's starts drop fast.

Edited by cdsacken

2 hours ago, Nero said:

Not necessarily. Conjuring movies have been consistent and they are good. Unlike Anabelle only one movie is good not that much. Conjuring 3 will definitely be 100M+ and OS will be huge too

The only reason why ACH underperformed was because it faced too much competition, even in Brazil (second biggest OS market for the franchise) it barely reached what TN did on the OW (second biggest OW of 2018), because TS4, Alladin and SM were just too strong. 

They should keep TCU in quiet months like August and Septmber.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Curious to see how high TS4 will go. It's developed quite the legs. Thinking it can maybe topple Shrek 2. Also possible it beats TS3's admissions, since that was so 3D boosted. 

Personally I think Aladdin is more impressive leg wise. However given its opening TS4 is doing awesome too.

• Like 1

Aladdin legs are really impressive, specially in the context that it is competing with 2 mastodown in the family movie option, a Spider Man, a Toy Story and a lion king release (secret lifet of pets 2 decline helping a bit but still a 150M movie).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Aladdin legs are really impressive, specially in the context that it is competing with 2 mastodown in the family movie option, a Spider Man, a Toy Story and a lion king release (secret lifet of pets 2 decline helping a bit but still a 150M movie).

It is on track to become one of 4 summer movies that opened to 30m+ and hit 4x multis this decade, so that pretty much says it all. Would also be the second highest OW ever to hit 4x. 

Edited by MovieMan89

23 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

It is on track to become one of 4 summer movies that opened to 30m+ and hit 4x multis this decade, so that pretty much says it all. Would also be the second highest OW ever to hit 4x. 

It's not getting another 20m necessary for 4x.

Edited by Jake Gittes

1 hour ago, Barnack said:
1 (1) The Lion King Walt Disney $15,218,959 +66%

(+62, +65 for Toy Story and Aladdin)

Those Tuesday are getting out of control.

My discount Tuesday local sells out all of its 7pm slot movies usually by FRIDAY NIGHT...I only have 1 local theater which does universal discount Tuesday (and 1 who does Wednesday, go figure - there's the reason the Wed drop isn't even bigger), and those tickets are now always the 1st sold, even before the Friday and Saturday 7pm seats...

1 hour ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

The only reason why ACH underperformed was because it faced too much competition, even in Brazil (second biggest OS market for the franchise) it barely reached what TN did on the OW (second biggest OW of 2018), because TS4, Alladin and SM were just too strong. 

They should keep TCU in quiet months like August and Septmber.

I agree. I like that time period for TCU movies.

• Like 3