Eric Atreides

Malignant | September 10 2021 | A James Wan Horror Joint

The movie is fun and entertaining. It's a little bit of fresh air from all these political or kind of arthouse horror movies americans critics  love so much in the last years.

It's like a b movie but a well crafted one from someone with a huge culture in the genre, not a stupid b movie for kids.

Midsommar is better? Yes. I would rewatch this instead?. Yes, too. 

Edited by vale900
  • Like 1

Ah yeah, hugely fucking audacious go-for-broke, swing for the fences, and unique piece of filmmaking that worships at the altar of sadistic camp. Like several Wan films the script is lacking at many points, but like every Wan film, he is easily the best and most exciting part about it. This fucking thing moves along like any other film, and then suddenly James Wan pulls off a shot that I cannot imagine how much effort they must've put in to pull off, and then after a while it's just madness.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

The Paul Walker ending was the most perfect it could ever be.

It was cheesy as hell. You could see the CG work on his face. It was creepy and appalling. Did I tear up? Yes, but that had barely anything to do with the movie. 

That being said, looks like the bad early reviews for Malignant weren't the consensus after all. 

Edited by tonytr87

8 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Just got back. It’s wild. 

I thought it was completely scare free, but enjoyed the soundtrack, gore and the over the top silliness of it all. The couple in front of us walked out ten minutes before the end. 

I guess

Spoiler

the twist and the gore were too much for them to handle.

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

It wasn’t the gore cause they’d seen so much of it, it was the big reveal for sure lol. 

That scene will follow me to my grave. James Wan is a sick man. Also a genius. 

Stop wasting this man on that Aquaman SHIT.

• ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Ah yeah, hugely fucking audacious go-for-broke, swing for the fences, and unique piece of filmmaking that worships at the altar of sadistic camp. Like several Wan films the script is lacking at many points, but like every Wan film, he is easily the best and most exciting part about it. This fucking thing moves along like any other film, and then suddenly James Wan pulls off a shot that I cannot imagine how much effort they must've put in to pull off, and then after a while it's just madness.

Yeah, the first hour and 10 minutes i was like...hmmm where is craziness that everyone was reporting? Cause It looked like a slasher with the sinister creature. Then that reveal happened and holy shit everything went nuts

40 minutes ago, AJG said:

Shit.

I don’t do horror but I’m gonna try and watch this…

On TV…

In the daytime…

With the family…

If we got through Quiet Place 2 I’m certain we can beat this.

It is not really that scary. It is just fucking bananas to the highest degree.

9 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

74% now from critics and 40% from audiences.

This is hilarious, can't wait for Cinemascore, watching it now

I'm praying to every deity there is it ends up at something like 80% fresh with critics and 20% rotten with audiences... a score that is almost backwards, you could say...

• Astonished 1