Eric Duncan

Malignant | September 10 2021 | A James Wan Horror Joint

4 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

disliked the trailer but this sold me. Not a Wan fan either but I'm totally down to experience pure insanity in theaters again. Big reason why I enjoyed Old so much despite not appreciating M. Night generally. The more wackadoo original movies from studios, the better. (And yes, I know Old was a book)

Sadly, I think this is destined to flop. Under 10m OW, I fear. The marketing and buzz has been weak. WB clearly has no idea how to market this and accepted it'll bobm

I dont think WB knows how to market anything anymore. They went from being of the best if not the best at it, to  being inept.

• Like 2

On 9/5/2021 at 11:49 PM, Dominic Draper said:

I dont think WB knows how to market anything anymore. They went from being of the best if not the best at it, to  being inept.

On 9/6/2021 at 12:00 AM, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Absolutely. After the HBO MAX announcement, it seems they've given up completely

Think EC spilled some tea that Warner's marketing department has been purposely quiet and mistreating their movies this year to spite their AT&T overlords over the HBO Max stuff...not sure if that kind of pettiness is a good idea for future careers, but what do I know?

• Like 1

:insane::ohmygod::ohmyzod::sarah:

That was legitimately one of the most insane and memorable moviegoing experiences I think I'll ever have. @ViewerAnonwas not kidding at all. It's a fairly solid horror film for the first two acts. Nothing outstanding, but still a spooky time. And then the twist hits... Holy fucking shit. That's all I'll say for now.

If you want to see this film, then do so as blind as you can. I'll always wonder how the fuck this got made by a major Hollywood studio like Warner.

• Like 4
  • Astonished 4