a2k

Thursday Aug 1 | Daily Numbers

4 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

If Aladdin does hit $360M, what would the multiplier be?

Aladdin's OW was actually $91.5 million to be precise. So $360 million would give it a 3.93x multiplier. Needs $366 million to hit an even 4x multiplier.

• Thanks 1

Yeesh, what a drop for TLK. I thought summer weekdays were supposed to offset the diminished weekends. A 14.2% Thursday drop would be pretty steep even for non summertime. It's not like there's too much of a tug-o-war between it and H&S for audiences either, nevermind H&S previews only amounting to $5.8M.

Anyway, I'm really sorry to harp. Admittedly it might be a silly "Yay I was right on the internet" thing. I just have to accept it wasn't the movie it should have been. This feels like the TLJ of live action remakes if you will. Still huge numbers, but the time of year should be kinder to it than it is and that's due to iffy word of mouth.

Point being, it's doing big numbers, but it's not doing the kind of numbers it could have done.

Edited by JB33