Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

9 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Surprised Vue Stratford is quite a bit below Vue London as when I’ve checked, Stratford has looked even busier. I guess the capacity is not as big as in Shepherd’s Bush Vue. 

Tonight’s Pre-sales are looking similar to OD in some locations. 

Based from weekdays, do you think it can drop just 40% this weekend ?

1 hour ago, RJ 95 said:

Based from weekdays, do you think it can drop just 40% this weekend ?

I’m expecting about 45%, which would be £6.9m. I would say 40% is possible, but probably quite difficult. If it were to pull that off, that would be one of the most impressive 2nd weekend holds for a film opening above £10m for a while. 

I don’t actually know what weekdays were, but from looking around, they were exceptionally strong. 

Edited by Heretic
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Heretic said:

Surprised Vue Stratford is quite a bit below Vue London as when I’ve checked, Stratford has looked even busier. I guess the capacity is not as big as in Shepherd’s Bush Vue. 

Tonight’s Pre-sales are looking similar to OD in some locations. 

Vue Westfield Stratford does have the same number of screens as Vue Westfield London but the prices are half the price.

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Vue Westfield Stratford does have the same number of screens as Vue Westfield London but the prices are half the price.

I remember seeing their all films, every day, £6.99 sign when I was last there a couple weeks ago, so I imagine that's the main difference.

20 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

I remember seeing their all films, every day, £6.99 sign when I was last there a couple weeks ago, so I imagine that's the main difference.

Vue Islington is also £6.99/£7.49 which is surprising whereas Vue Finchley Road is on par with Vue Westfield London.

Just now, Heretic said:

It’s strange how some cinemas offer such cheap tickets all day every day and some don’t.

Depends on the area you live and the type of cinema. The likes of Picturehouse and Everyman are aimed at a more affluent crowd and some in places like Westfield and The O2 also attracts tourists as well as locals.

11 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Sell outs all over the place tonight, I can barely tell the different between last Friday and now. I don’t want to get ahead of myself but honestly this looks like it’s head for an exceptional second weekend. 

My local Cineworld, at a quick glance for the next three screenings tonight, actually looks like it's at a higher occupancy level than last Friday.

• Like 1

Right, so Joker and Gemini Man are sharing the IMAX screen at my local this weekend. And, again, at a quick glance, Joker seems to be outselling GM by at least 2-to-1. 2D looking decent as well, to the point where I think every showing from midday onwards will probably play at least 75% full. It's also got only one showing less than Gemini Man (15 to 16). Yeah, I'd be shocked if this didn't have a tremendous hold. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, RthTIFF said:

top playdates 6-Oct

all Joker

1-Vue Westfield, London

2-CW Leicester Square

(combined with Odeon #1 just, Odeon LS way way down list)

3-CW Glasgow

4-Imax Southbank

5-CW Dublin

6-Vue Manchester

7-NAC Showcase Bluewater

8-Vue Dublin

9-Vue Westfield Stratford

10-Odeon Bournemouth

11-CW Sheffield

12-CW The O2

OLS being a long way down makes sense. It only had 2 or 3 shows the whole weekend, and they were close to midnight each time due to LFF running mainly over the weekend. It only has one show there this weekend, and Gemini Man takes it on Monday. 

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

so TDKR is toast?

I wouldn’t go that far yet. TDKR made £56m and had summer weekdays to propel it. 

I can’t see Joker missing the £40m mark though, and we’ll have to wait and see how it holds in the current weeks. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Sellouts are off the charts. I’m calling it. £10m 2nd weekend. 

Damn, you're right. Just looked at my local CIneworld. Next 5 2D shows are 90-95% sold. The 22.20 is the only one with just a handful of seats sold, but at this rate, I do expect that to play at least half-full. 19.40 IMAX is maybe 40%, but again, expect that to fill up.

O2 Cineworld Superscreen doing well, Leicester Square IMAX is almost full for tonight, with most of the other shows already sold out... Glasgow Renfrew St. playing almost at capacity too...

Yeah, this is more like an opening weekend than a second one. I'd be shocked if it dropped more than 30%.

1 minute ago, reddevil19 said:

Damn, you're right. Just looked at my local CIneworld. Next 5 2D shows are 90-95% sold. The 22.20 is the only one with just a handful of seats sold, but at this rate, I do expect that to play at least half-full. 19.40 IMAX is maybe 40%, but again, expect that to fill up.

O2 Cineworld Superscreen doing well, Leicester Square IMAX is almost full for tonight, with most of the other shows already sold out... Glasgow Renfrew St. playing almost at capacity too...

Yeah, this is more like an opening weekend than a second one. I'd be shocked if it dropped more than 30%.

Yep. All the key cinemas in London are virtually sold out until at least 9/10pm. Crawley cineworld is sold out all 7 shows until the 9:50pm show which will probably end up filling up anyway due to spillover. 

• Like 3