Heretic

UK Box Office Thread: £9.7m 2nd weekend for Joker (-22%), £30m ($36.9m) total

18 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

It's around a week early I believe. I'm hanging on until general release, I can't justify a £40 membership just for two movies I wanna see at LFF (Your Name and The Red Turtle). 

Thanks! I might get a membership as Arrival & La La Land are the films I am most hyped for and I'd presume those will basically be gone by the time the tickets are released to the general public!

Studios dropped the ball with scheduling horrors this year. All stacked up within a month, no chance of a clear breakout even with one with great WoM.

1 hour ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Studios dropped the ball with scheduling horrors this year. All stacked up within a month, no chance of a clear breakout even with one with great WoM.

The Conjuring 2 was successful but I do think releasing Don't Breathe a week before Blair Witch wasn't good scheduling.

Anyone work at an empire or know if these doctor strange and reacher run times are accurate or if they're just filler numbers until they get the real numbers? mDZfxaF.png

Edited by HesAPooka

On June 5, 2016 at 8:08 AM, Purple Minion said:

At this time it will be placeholders, the movies aren't locked yet.

Interesting to see how big the new Bridget Jones film will be, £20M+?

Early reviews are good and the old ones are well liked.

9 hours ago, JCS said:

Interesting to see how big the new Bridget Jones film will be, £20M+?

Early reviews are good and the old ones are well liked.

It'll probably won't open as big as the first film but a £4-5m OW wouldn't surprise me, they hasn't any female skewing film since Ab Fab so the audience is there.

I'm curious how the Magnificent Seven does, I think it do decently but I'm not expecting more than £2-3.5m OW

Dory is doing very well again due to rainy weather, wouldn't surprise me to see it stay flat for the 2nd weekend in a row. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Heretic said:

Dory is doing very well again due to rainy weather, wouldn't surprise me to see it stay flat for the 2nd weekend in a row. 

If that stays true, I think it's almost a foregone conclusion now that it will surpass TJB, don't you think?

25 minutes ago, Quigley said:

If that stays true, I think it's almost a foregone conclusion now that it will surpass TJB, don't you think?

Possibly, they'll probably end up within a couple million of each other, but it's not certain yet, 

46 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Possibly, they'll probably end up within a couple million of each other, but it's not certain yet, 

but summer has ended........or else mid-week gross will boost it more.....

Edited by titanic2187

18 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

but summer has ended........or else mid-week gross will boost it more.....

Yeah. Weekends should remains quite strong through September for Dory now, so it needs to hold well over the next few weeks to have a chance of topping TJB.

3 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Yeah. Weekends should remains quite strong through September for Dory now, so it needs to hold well over the next few weeks to have a chance of topping TJB.

I suppose no major animation release  in the near future?

5 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I suppose no major animation release  in the near future?

Not really, next major animation release would be Trolls on October 21st which is released for half term holiday, so Dory and BFG are really the only big family options for a while. 

12 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Not really, next major animation release would be Trolls on October 21st which is released for half term holiday, so Dory and BFG are really the only big family options for a while. 

You guys don't get Storks?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Heretic said:

I imagine The BFG will be close to £30m by this weekend. 

Pete's Dragon is not that succesful in UK?