Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

4 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Black Panther is doing HUGE business in London, lots of sellouts tonight. Vue Stratford, which is in an area where this would do especially well, is virtually sold out all night until gone 10pm. Same with Vue Westfield Sheperds Bush. The rest of the country is looking very strong too but it's definitely performing on another level around the London area. 

This is in for a very big 6 day opening. 

That's fantastic news! It looks to be in for a brilliant overseas run! Any chance @Fifty Shades Rth Could treat us with numbers in the morning! *Prays to the overlords*

1 hour ago, Heretic said:

Black Panther is doing HUGE business in London, lots of sellouts tonight. Vue Stratford, which is in an area where this would do especially well, is virtually sold out all night until gone 10pm. Same with Vue Westfield Sheperds Bush. The rest of the country is looking very strong too but it's definitely performing on another level around the London area. 

This is in for a very big 6 day opening. 

No one believed me when I told them London was HYPED!!!!

2 hours ago, Heretic said:

Really eager to know what OD is. @Fifty Shades Rth :). To me it looks like it could be £4m+. I'm expecting around $25m opening with previews right now, looked busier than TLJ from cinemas I've seen in London. 

It could outgross wonder woman in its first week

:ohmygod:

Edited by raulbalarezo

Hold your horses a sec. While I get that it's going nuts in London, because of screen capacity issues, these first three days will be stunted to an extent. Nowhere around me has been able to give it close to the capacity needed until Friday because of Fifty Shades. And they haven't been cancelling screenings of other movies for it either. 

theres a much higher black population in London... London won't represent the rest of the country. that's not to say it won't do huge business I'm just saying that if you see "bigger than Star Wars" in london like heretic says... well that's not going to be the case everywhere. :) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Hmmm, I’m surprised. My two local Cineworlds, one being Glasgow, didn’t have a single sell out yesterday and the busiest showing I could find was about 70% full. 

:winomg:

Maybe they’re waiting til the weekend?

I think places with more diverse populations will see much bigger business then places that are not.

That is why I always wonder why people say its big as SW when if you go to the smaller markets its not. 

Black Panther sold out all its evening showings for us (just east of London) but we did have the same capacity issue with it not being in big enough screens. It's been bumped up and given an extra screen for Friday onwards but until then isn't quite reaching the potential it could have done. 

Even so, should be a big run coming up.