Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Will have to see how the rest of the OW plays out but JW opened to $30M (according to BOM). If the sequel maintains that 86% it'll be looking at around $25M. But the original had a leggy run in the U.K. so it'll be interesting to see how the sequel plays out 

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

Will have to see how the rest of the OW plays out but JW opened to $30M (according to BOM). If the sequel maintains that 86% it'll be looking at around $25M. But the original had a leggy run in the U.K. so it'll be interesting to see how the sequel plays out 

5 days vs 4 days? 

3 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

5 days vs 4 days? 

If the first one opened on a Thursday then that's 4-days. 

So the sequel will be looking at a 5-day since it opened on a Wednesday.....the $25M would be for four days then since that's 86% of what the first did in 4-days. 

• Like 1

Why are you guys calculating in USD? Exchange rate for JW was 1.56: 1 now it's 1.34:1. So you should take away 14% from the USD number if you want to compare to now.

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 4

That's good for FK considering the first was so big. And yeah, no point comparing in dollar since the pound is so weak now.

OD should be around £2.15m if 86% of JW, so looking at a 5 day in mid teens. Unlikely to top $20m mark.

• Thanks 1

Odeon are doing, what I believe is their first-ever, Limitless only preview screening. 

As I'm a limitless customer, it means I get to exploit this, and this will be my first exclusive screening!

They're showing Ocean's 8 next Wednesday, almost a week before it opens in general! It seems to be at most Odeon cinemas.

On 6/5/2018 at 7:59 PM, titanic2187 said:

Also, it's a bit shocker to see that outside of China, IW has no 100m grosser overseas , yet the OS total was still much higher than TFA, which scored 2 100m grosser in european 

The dollar is quite stronger compared to the euro (and to the £ that has collapsed) than what it was in 2015.

1 hour ago, Thrylos 7 said:

The dollar is actually weaker compared to the euro than what it was in 2015.

I corrected it four you.

Right now: 1€=1.184$

Unless you mean the first week of 2015 were 1€~1.19$

After that it didn't get over that until september 2017.

Dezember 2015 1€=1.06-1.09$

TFA grossed 102.574.134€ in Germany which translates to (using 1€=1.085$) $111.3M

Using the one of right now: $121.4M (so +9% or +$10.1M!)

(It get's really funny when the ones of mid 2008 are used where 1€ was up to 1.6$ which would translate TFA's gross to $164M)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

I corrected it four you.

TFA grossed 102.574.134€ in Germany which translates to (using 1€=1.085$) $111.3M

(It get's really funny when the ones of mid 2008 are used where 1€ was up to 1.6$ which would translate TFA's gross to $164M)

Thanks, I guess I messed up the timelines, I stand corrected as far as the euro goes. The £ is substantially weaker now anyway since this is the u.k thread (1.34$ versus 1.48$ in december 2015).

2 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Thanks, I guess I messed up the timelines, I stand corrected as far as the euro goes. The £ is substantially weaker now anyway since this is the u.k thread (1.34$ versus 1.48$ in december 2015).

Both correct numbers are already going around in the thread, but I ll give them again.

Pound: 1.34 now to 1.56 JW

Euro: 1.18 now to 1.1 JW

30 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

I corrected it four you.

Yes, you are correct. 

The unluckiest blockbuster in terms of FX, was Rogue One. The dollar was mighty strong when it came out at the end of 2016. Back in December of 2016, the euro was hovering at only $1.05 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PPZVGOS said:

Yes, you are correct. 

The unluckiest blockbuster in terms of FX, was Rogue One. The dollar was mighty strong when it came out at the end of 2016. Back in December of 2016, the euro was hovering at only $1.05 

Yeah and TFA was the second worst.

Those films with 2008 Exchangerates would have been significantly bigger in Europe.

Shows how important they are for developed markets.

I think In Germany Avatar is still the Blockbuster with the highest Ticketprice in $14.4 compared to TFA $12.3

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

My 8pm showing of Jurassic World was sold out and full of families.

Thats a bit late for young kids is it not? 

Anyway, I enjoyed it. Hopefully it does well but it doesn’t deserve to be as big as the first film. 

tumblr_lysvjbEIkN1qmzxy4o2_500.gif