Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

On 12/18/2015 at 4:28 AM, Heretic said:

Holy shit. So possible $15m OD. Insane. $50m+ opening is happening. 

On 12/19/2015 at 2:48 AM, Rthmar-vell said:

Pending something being royally fucked up in UK, going with Fri $lc16-17m

On 4/28/2018 at 9:23 AM, Rthmar-vell said:

and it came to be a near perfect match with Thursday are we 

On 4/29/2018 at 3:12 AM, Rthmar-vell said:

Image result for smashing record

To Never forget.

this year will be massive with Avengers , TLK and SW9!!!

my bold prediction 

SW9 46M OW 135-145M total

TLK 34M OW 110M total

THE TOP 5 FILMS THIS WEEKEND: 1 - Dumbo 2 - Captain Marvel 3 - Us 4 - Fisherman's Friends 5 - What Men Want

Captain Marvel has become the first title released this year to pass £30m.

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm surprised how well Dumbo did but I guess there hasn't been a family film in a while. There is a fair bit of competition coming up with Shazam, Missing Link and Wonder Park. Shazam is a bit hard to predict but I think it can match Aquaman's OW, maybe even Wonder Woman.

Edited by Jonwo

1 Dumbo 2019/3/29 £ 6,076,779 £ 6,076,779 Walt Disney Int'l
2 Captain Marvel 2019/3/8 £ 1,770,433 £ 32,490,765 Walt Disney Int'l
3 Us 2019/3/22 £ 1,692,205 £ 6,080,519 Universal Int'l
4 Fisherman's Friends 2019/3/15 £ 629,247 £ 4,842,734 Entertainment Film Distributors
5 What Men Want 2019/3/15 £ 300,641 £ 2,441,908 Paramount Int'l
6 Fighting With My Family 2019/3/1 £ 188,930 £ 5,569,471 Lionsgate
7 MET Opera: Die Walkure (2019) 2019/3/29 £ 176,277 £ 176,277 Trafalgar Releasing
8 Lucifer 2019/3/29 £ 147,682 £ 147,682 RFT Films Ltd
9 White Crow, The 2019/3/22 £ 143,585 £ 661,296 Studiocanal
10 Lego Movie 2: The Second Part, The 2019/2/8 £ 140,519 £ 18,193,585 Warner Bros Int'l
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, boxofficenerd said:

These Avengers pre sales are insane, so many midnight sellouts

Sadly still nowhere near the crazyness that was TFA.

I mean, that was a whole 'nother level. Literally two weeks out half the shows were sold out even into Tuesday / Wednesday. Literally everyday from opening to Christmas eve was like a Saturday, absolutely bonkers and still nothing like it.

We'll see what this looks like next week, but at the moment this is nowhere near TFA levels here yet. 

13 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

Sadly still nowhere near the crazyness that was TFA.

I mean, that was a whole 'nother level. Literally two weeks out half the shows were sold out even into Tuesday / Wednesday. Literally everyday from opening to Christmas eve was like a Saturday, absolutely bonkers and still nothing like it.

We'll see what this looks like next week, but at the moment this is nowhere near TFA levels here yet. 

Do you have an upcoming movie in mind that can rival TFA in UK? 

3 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Do you have an upcoming movie in mind that can rival TFA in UK? 

Honestly, not really. 

Episode IX won't touch TFA. Avatar 2-5 will do decently but I doubt even they can reach those levels. 

The problem we have over here is that the older generation just don't care for supers as much as USA. E.g. my parents (54 y/o) have no interest whatsoever, yet they watch loads of movies. 

This is why I believe the only film that might have a chance this year would be The Lion King. Purely because that'll bring the older generation, it brings middle aged through nostalgia and most children I know are excited for it also. However Endgame will likely open larger than TLK, but I reckon TLK will do phenomenal business during weekdays and after OW.

Overall, currently I see nothing at the moment that can rival the atmosphere and hype that TFA generated over here.

7 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

The problem we have over here is that the older generation just don't care for supers as much as USA. E.g. my parents (54 y/o) have no interest whatsoever, yet they watch loads of movies. .

Aehm, I am older than your parents, and I watch CBMs.

Here a lot of 'older' people are to see in the audience, sometimes we are even the majority - still speaking about CBMs

2 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Aehm, I am older than your parents, and I watch CBMs.

Here a lot of 'older' people are to see in the audience, sometimes we are even the majority - still speaking about CBMs

Perhaps it's just my area then in UK, since here my parents and very few of there friends care for supers. Yet everybody I know from my uni and such are rabid for them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

Perhaps it's just my area then in UK, since here my parents and very few of there friends care for supers. Yet everybody I know from my uni and such are rabid for them.

I think it has to do that we have a bit of a age pyramid problem here (split is unusual in comparison to many other countries)