Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

5 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I'd say go bigger. Stevenage has been going every 10 minutes during some stretches

Never can really tell with animated films as they slow down significantly in the evening, although Frozen still looks busy tonight. Maybe it can match TLK’s £16.7m opening. That would absolutely shatter the animated opening record. 

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 2

$3.9m (£3m) OD for Frozen 2. 

Biggest ever for Disney animation. Very impressive for a school day. With that, I think £5m today is the minimum, and wouldn’t be surprised if it was closer to £6m. £13.5-14m OW would be doable which would be the animated record. I doubt it’ll opening as big as TLK; that opened at the start of summer holidays and I expect that also had stronger evening business than Frozen 2 would. 

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Heretic said:

$3.9m (£3m) OD for Frozen 2. 

Biggest ever for Disney animation. Very impressive for a school day. With that, I think £5m today is the minimum, and wouldn’t be surprised if it was closer to £6m. £13.5-14m OW would be doable which would be the animated record. I doubt it’ll opening as big as TLK; that opened at the start of summer holidays and I expect that also had stronger evening business than Frozen 2 would. 

If Sun is bigger that Sat(which happens with a  # of Animated) topping TLK or getting close to it would be in play, even if not it will go over 14m. Sat will be high that TLK sat

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 7

Ford Vs Ferrari is already down to 3 times a day at my local, two of them are daytime showings. Interesting considering it did well opening weekend. 

Knives Out looking to get a decent amount of showtimes. I noticed the unlimited screening tonight is on 3 times instead of 1, doesn’t always happen. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Ford Vs Ferrari is already down to 3 times a day at my local, two of them are daytime showings. Interesting considering it did well opening weekend. 

Knives Out looking to get a decent amount of showtimes. I noticed the unlimited screening tonight is on 3 times instead of 1, doesn’t always happen. 

I got so lucky that they added a second showing in Dublin just as I'd signed up to be an Unlimited customer. Can't wait for the screening tonight.

• Like 1