Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

How big are the chances that WOM will counteract the seemingly bad reviews for Aquaman out of UK?

I ask as repeatedly members mentioned the % of UK rotten are proportional (way) higher than out of the US in comparison ( I only looked into earlier reviews, didn't follow up)

12 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

To be fair, none of the new releases made a dent either. 

this. so it's either general disinterest in those movies or time of the year. though I tend to be cautious about time of the year/legs will follow type of situation assessment cause it backfired in the past. We'll see. MPR should be huge, no?

26 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Doesn’t look good for Aquaman.

*roll my eyes* more like they thought Aquaman wouldn't do well so give other films screens like Spiderman,Mortal,Bumblebee. 

Its barely down on WW with more competition lets calm down the dramatic's. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

How big are the chances that WOM will counteract the seemingly bad reviews for Aquaman out of UK?

I ask as repeatedly members mentioned the % of UK rotten are proportional (way) higher than out of the US in comparison ( I only looked into earlier reviews, didn't follow up)

My showing wasn't very full, but the response was phenomenal. I think it will have very good WOM, but whether it can reach outside of superhero fans I don't know. 

There's also a chance MPR kills it and everything else

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

My showing wasn't very full, but the response was phenomenal. I think it will have very good WOM, but whether it can reach outside of superhero fans I don't know. 

There's also a chance MPR kills it and everything else

Christmas is big enough for more than One Film i still think Aquaman can do 20 million+ 

Absolutely horrendous for Spiderverse. 

Bohemian Rhapsody has passed £45m, although it’ll likely fall short of £50m even with Christmas holidays due to screen competition. Should top $60m though. 

As for Mary Poppins, it should be huge over the holiday period but I don’t expect it’ll have a massive opening, maybe around £5-6m. 

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Wotad said:

Christmas is big enough for more than One Film i still think Aquaman can do 20 million+ 

Not a like to like comparison but Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows did £3.8m OW and ended up doing £26m so there's a strong chance Aquaman could end up outgrossing Wonder Woman and certainly Justice League even with Poppins opening next week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Full screen

Rank Film  (Distributor) Three-day gross (Dec 14-Dec 16)  Total gross to date  Week
1 Aquaman (Warner Bros) £3.8m £5.2m 1
The Grinch (Universal) £1.7m £21.7m 6
Ralph Breaks The Internet (Disney) £1.4m £9.3m 3
Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse (Sony) £1.2m £2.3m 1
5.  Creed II (Warner Bros) £748,000 £7.4m 3

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

Not a like to like comparison but Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows did £3.8m OW and ended up doing £26m so there's a strong chance Aquaman could end up outgrossing Wonder Woman and certainly Justice League even with Poppins opening next week.

Yeah thats why people being a little dramatic 😜