Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

8 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Yeah, I'm seeing even more sell-outs for TJB right now than Cap. Looks as busy as its first Saturday. It's having an absolutely insane day. Probably over £6m between the 2 of them.

I would say up to £500k for Zootopia as well. I couldn't believe how busy it was when I walked in to the cinema this morning. Looked like a Friday night, not a Monday morning. 

Edited by SchumacherFTW

$21.1m for CW. That's £14.4m, nice boost from estimates. Can't believe it missed the record by £200k!

Looking at how busy it was today though, it wouldn't surprise me if it topped £18m for the 4 day, which would be the record for a superhero film. 

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 3

Batman v Superman did £17.96m including Easter Monday so I reckon it'll be close. Officially AoU has the four day superhero opening record with £18.02m. Cant believe how close the openings are with only tens of thousands between them. 

£8.7m 4 day for Jungle Book, increase on last weekend, even if it was just a holiday weekend. Absolutely mindblowing. I have no doubt it's hitting £50m now. Crazy.

Very nice for Zootopia too, should pass $35m. 

What a huge weekend for Disney! 

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I presume that's rather good since it's a non holiday school week day.  Yes?   BvS did £1.5m on it's second Friday

Yeah looking back.. About £4.6 Monday and £1.8 Tuesday or about 61% drop.  About the same kind of drop after Memorial Day in North Ameica.

• Like 1

The weather is getting very warm this weekend, almost summer-like actually. We just had one of the coldest April's in years, and this is the first proper warmth of the year. BBC is predicting mid 20s in London. Expect some impacts on BO.

1 hour ago, Heretic said:

The weather is getting very warm this weekend, almost summer-like actually. We just had one of the coldest April's in years, and this is the first proper warmth of the year. BBC is predicting mid 20s in London. Expect some impacts on BO.

Will probably hit Bad Neighbours 2 and Florence Foster Jenkins the most rather than the holdovers

I can see it effecting everything. In London, it's 25 degrees and sunny on Saturday and Sunday. Everyone will be out enjoying the weather. I feel for Scotland, really. They're still stuck in the mid teens, which is why I could never live there.

Neighbours 2 will definitely have a dented opening, maybe £2m? Far cry from the first, although that had a full week opening, for £8.5m.

As for holdovers, I could see Civil War dropping to as low as £6-7m, instead of £8.6m like AoU, even if that had its 2nd weekend on bank holiday weekend. 

Jungle Book will likely have its biggest fall yet, but everything should rebound next weekend.