Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Rev is dominated the field once more, passed £17m. Spotlight carries on the momentum, after posting fantastic opening weekend numbers, holding strong during the week. SW hit £120m. Hateful Eight close to £7m, which is a pretty good number all things considered. Big Short posts the best weekly drop among holdovers. Next I'll be back with Friday numbers.

• Like 2

Hello!

I will clash with some of the subject in which this topic was created, but it is for a just cause.

Some already know my 'pilgrimage' to the film 'The Little Prince', I've been watching this animation since its launch in France on July 29, 2015, because it is a French animation we can say that the movie is a hit grossed over 100 million worldwide and the French animation's most successful story abroad. Today won the "Favorite movie by French public in 2015" and was nominated for a Cesar Award for best animation, considered the French Oscar.

The Little Prince will be released on March 28 in the United States by Paramount Pictures. Today, I went on IMDB site and to my surprise the release date in the UK will be the 24th of February, Netflix !!! ??? What is it??? Can anyone confirm me if this is real ??? And if it's true, you can do that ???????

How can a film that was released in cinemas around the world to be "downgraded" to that level, especially with the country's third largest film market in the world ???

Read about The Weistein Company have something against Marion Cotillard, is true this information?

Someone says that is a lie, please!

"Sorry for my english"

7 minutes ago, Gabriel Sales said:

Hello!

I will clash with some of the subject in which this topic was created, but it is for a just cause.

Some already know my 'pilgrimage' to the film 'The Little Prince', I've been watching this animation since its launch in France on July 29, 2015, because it is a French animation we can say that the movie is a hit grossed over 100 million worldwide and the French animation's most successful story abroad. Today won the "Favorite movie by French public in 2015" and was nominated for a Cesar Award for best animation, considered the French Oscar.

The Little Prince will be released on March 28 in the United States by Paramount Pictures. Today, I went on IMDB site and to my surprise the release date in the UK will be the 24th of February, Netflix !!! ??? What is it??? Can anyone confirm me if this is real ??? And if it's true, you can do that ???????

How can a film that was released in cinemas around the world to be "downgraded" to that level, especially with the country's third largest film market in the world ???

Read about The Weistein Company have something against Marion Cotillard, is true this information?

Someone says that is a lie, please!

"Sorry for my english"

Not everything released internationally makes it to cinemas everywhere. As an example, the Bradley Cooper bomb Aloha went straight to Netflix here. It all depends on who gets the distribution rights. 

Also, saw The Finest Hours last night. What a streaming pile of meh. Next to no excitement, next to no drama, Chris Pine had an annoying accent. This is definitely the sort of movie I'll start shitting all over in a couple of weeks. 

Edited by SchumacherFTW
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Still going with Grimsby. 

On my booking information, it says Runtime 120 mins, do you think that's just placeholder?

Last secret screening was really obvious as it was 3D and it said the rating and runtime, but doesn't have that this time.

3 minutes ago, Total Treecall said:

On my booking information, it says Runtime 120 mins, do you think that's just placeholder?

Last secret screening was really obvious as it was 3D and it said the rating and runtime, but doesn't have that this time.

The runtime is just a placeholder, for the other three it was as well (I didn't pay attention to the one in December). I've just got a feeling it's Grimsby as Baron Cohen stuff usually seems to get a jump using WoM. 

2 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

The runtime is just a placeholder, for the other three it was as well (I didn't pay attention to the one in December). I've just got a feeling it's Grimsby as Baron Cohen stuff usually seems to get a jump using WoM. 

Fair enough.

What were the other screenings? I completely missed them, had no idea they existed. I thought the December one was the first one until I noticed this one is called Secret Screening 5.

2 hours ago, Total Treecall said:

Fair enough.

What were the other screenings? I completely missed them, had no idea they existed. I thought the December one was the first one until I noticed this one is called Secret Screening 5.

They've done Now You See Me, Secret life of Walter Mitty, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and In the Heart of the Sea so far. 

8 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

They've done Now You See Me, Secret life of Walter Mitty, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and In the Heart of the Sea so far. 

Oh wow, so some genuinely big films. I would say that makes Deadpool more likely tbh. On the other hand, the screening would only be like 4 days early.

That also makes Grimsby a lot more likely than Concussion :P 

Edited by Total Treecall

1 hour ago, Total Treecall said:

Oh wow, so some genuinely big films. I would say that makes Deadpool more likely tbh. On the other hand, the screening would only be like 4 days early.

That also makes Grimsby a lot more likely than Concussion :P 

I think if it were Deadpool, they'd be much more likely to brag about an advance screening upfront. We'll all know in just a couple of days though. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I think if it were Deadpool, they'd be much more likely to brag about an advance screening upfront. We'll all know in just a couple of days though. 

Just checked the film page and it mentions sidekicks and having a wild ride. It also says its a 15.

Grimsby hasn't been passed through the BBFC yet so I don't think they could show that(?)

So pretty sure its Deadpool. And yeah I will know when I watch it :P but I've never been to a secret screening before, it's kind of exciting.

6 hours ago, The Dark Alfred said:

That is pretty lame line-up from CW secret screenings. ODEON did It Follows, Inside Out, Room, Revenant, Big Short, Nightcrawler, Whiplash.

While the secret screenings so far haven't quite beaten Odeon, the sheer volume of advance screenings that cineworld puts on for unlimited customers more than makes up for it.