Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Deadpool's first day was bigger than X-Men: Days Of Future Past's first day. It's going to be a big hit.

If Deadpool keeps up the momentum (as per previous RT), it could threaten Days of Future Past's £9.14m record as biggest Fox Marvel opening.

Knew this was gonna be huge. £10m 5 day may be possible. X-Men:DoFP did £9.14m in 4 days. It's 5th day was a bank holiday which gave it an £11.6m 5 day total.

Edited by Heretic

$3.4m OD. That's about £2.35m, over 40% ahead of DoFP, and biggest OD for a Fox film rated 15. 2nd biggest IMAX Wednesday OD ever, incredible seeing as it had only 1 or 2 shows at most sites. Revenant and SW are still sharing IMAX. 

Deadpool's performance so far is insane. Wonder how big it'll be on Valentines Day.

Edited by Heretic

7 hours ago, Heretic said:

$3.4m OD. That's about £2.35m, over 40% ahead of DoFP, and biggest OD for a Fox film rated 15. 2nd biggest IMAX Wednesday OD every , incredible seeing as it had only 1 or 2 shows at most sites. Revenant and SW are still sharing IMAX. 

Deadpool's performance so far is insane. Wonder how big it'll be on Valentines Day.

Dunno which IMAX you were looking and, but deadpool has a monopoly outside of 1 midday showing off star wars at Cineworld, and that's since Wednesday. 

2 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Dunno which IMAX you were looking and, but deadpool has a monopoly outside of 1 midday showing off star wars at Cineworld, and that's since Wednesday. 

Yeah, my mistake, I kept checking only the 9pm shows at my locals that I began to believe they were the only showtimes lol. 

Edited by Heretic

Deadpool is doing insanely well around my area this afternoon, it's gonna sell out most shows tonight. Walk ups are absolutely huge. Wouldn't surprise me if today was near £3m, and the 5 day was over £11m ($16m).

Vue Stratford has sold out all shows till 9pm, which will also sell out.

Haven't seen anything this crazy since SW and Spectre.

Edited by Heretic

3 hours ago, Heretic said:

Deadpool is doing insanely well around my area this afternoon, it's gonna sell out most shows tonight. Walk ups are absolutely huge. Wouldn't surprise me if today was near £3m, and the 5 day was over £11m ($16m).

Vue Stratford has sold out all shows till 9pm, which will also sell out.

Haven't seen anything this crazy since SW and Spectre.

Cineworld Crawley is sold out after my current 6:40 show through to half 9 (IMAX isn't sold out, but is very busy). On the opposite end of the spectrum, I saw Jem and the Holograms earlier, and I'm pretty certain that isn't cracking £100k. Maybe not even £75k this weekend. 

I've checked shows past 10pm, and a lot look like they're also gonna sell out. This is crazy. I don't even remember SW selling out the really late shows, but Deadpool is doing it with ease. 22:05 and 22:55 at Westfield Sheperd's Bush are gonna sell out, and Westfield Startford's next available show is at 22:20, which is also looking like a sellout.

The Vue in Cambridge has sold out the 23:10 and 23:40 show, and tomorrow it has sold out every single show from 10am to 10:30 pm. Madness.

Edited by Heretic

12 minutes ago, Heretic said:

I've checked shows past 10pm, and a lot look like they're also gonna sell out. This is crazy. I don't even remember SW selling out the really late shows, but Deadpool is doing it with ease. 22:05 and 22:55 at Westfield Sheperd's Bush are gonna sell out, and Westfield Startford's next available show is at 22:20, which is also looking like a sellout.

The Vue in Cambridge has sold out the 23:10 and 23:40 show, and tomorrow it has sold out every single show from 10am to 10:30 pm. Madness.

Star wars was definitely crazier around here, that was selling out up to midnight, and even when I saw it in IMAX at 3am on the Friday night/Saturday morning, there were still a good 30/40 people there. That said, I can certainly see a good £4m+ today, and around the same tomorrow. 

10 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Star wars was definitely crazier around here, that was selling out up to midnight, and even when I saw it in IMAX at 3am on the Friday night/Saturday morning, there were still a good 30/40 people there. That said, I can certainly see a good £4m+ today, and around the same tomorrow. 

Which is incredible. A month ago, around £6-7m would have been the high end for the entire opening.