Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

2 hours ago, efialtes76 said:

BvS will win.

What makes you so sure? Zoo won most of the week, it wouldn't surprise me if it stays above £2m this weekend, whereas BvS would have to have a drop under 55% for that to happen. 

2 hours ago, CelestialFairyIX said:

$32 - 37 million cumulative looks probable for Zootopia with a good shot at $40 million?  I don't usually follow the U.K. box office so I'm unsure but Zootopia's run thus far seems much better than Big Hero 6 ($31 million). 

Home did $38.9m.

BH6 only a week of holidays whereas Zoo and Home had Easter. 

I think it'll be close between BvS and Zoo this weekend but Zoo will fall next week when schools go back and when The Jungle Book comes out. Huntsman probably will be 2 or 3 due to previews but it'll be more like 4 or 5 with just the weekend figures.

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

BH6 only a week of holidays whereas Zoo and Home had Easter. 

I think it'll be close between BvS and Zoo this weekend but Zoo will fall next week when schools go back and when The Jungle Book comes out. Huntsman probably will be 2 or 3 due to previews but it'll be more like 4 or 5 with just the weekend figures.

With previews Hunstman would be number 1...

17 hours ago, CelestialFairyIX said:

$32 - 37 million cumulative looks probable for Zootopia with a good shot at $40 million?  I don't usually follow the U.K. box office so I'm unsure but Zootopia's run thus far seems much better than Big Hero 6 ($31 million). 

$35m sounds about right. It would have a better chance at $40m if The Jungle Book wasn't coming next week.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I highly doubt that it'll beat Zootropolis this weekend. 

Universal are already claiming Huntsman is number 1, it would be since it has had 4 days worth of previews added on. Reminds of when Pixels and Paper Towns both claimed number 1 due to excessive previews but excluding previews the true box office winner was Inside Out.

• Like 1

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice adds around £2.2m for £33.2m to date in the UK.

Not too bad. It's gonna end up around £38m ($54m).

The Huntsman: Winter's War posts chart-topping estimated £3.1m UK bow, including previews.

Definitely not number 1 over the weekend. For a 7 day figure over school holidays, that's very poor. It'll fade very quickly, won't even hit £10m.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice adds around £2.2m for £33.2m to date in the UK.

Not too bad. It's gonna end up around £38m ($54m).

The Huntsman: Winter's War posts chart-topping estimated £3.1m UK bow, including previews.

Definitely not number 1 over the weekend. For a 7 day figure over school holidays, that's very poor. It'll fade very quickly, won't even hit £10m.

Jungle Book will ensure Huntsman drops very quickly. The actual weekend figure must be barely above £1m. 

Just now, Heretic said:

Excellent drop. Jungle Book will probably hit it hard this weekend, but it should hopefully stabalise afterwards.

It'll be hit hard by kids going back to school tomorrow so BvS will likely catch up on the dailies but apart from Jungle Book there's no kids competition until Angry Birds which I don't think will break out.