Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

The fact this is opening on par with AiW's £10.6m (maybe a tad lower) is crazy. Despite quite a mediocre reception, it had great legs and topped £42m.

TJB should pass £30m for sure, maybe £35m, but the arrival of Civil War, and a competition heavy May will likely result in it missing £40m. Will be fun to track.

5 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Kung Fu Panda 3 and Midnight Special screenings cancelled all day here. Short sighted cinema had 12 screens at its disposal and only handed 3 to the Jungle Book. Safe to say they've been caught off guard. 

I don't think anyone expected to do almost £10m the week after the Easter holidays. After Deadpool, this has smashed all expectations. Will be interesting if we have another surprise smash in the summer. I think The BFG might do very well here and perhaps Suicide Squad.

21 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

If BFG breaks out is that a big surprise though? It's one of the more beloved Dahl stories, so I'd be shocked with it making anything less than £20m.

I think £20-25m is likely but it's not got the easiest slot sandwiched between Ghostbusters, Ice Age and opening the same week as Star Trek with Dory a week later.

9 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think £20-25m is likely but it's not got the easiest slot sandwiched between Ghostbusters, Ice Age and opening the same week as Star Trek with Dory a week later.

Dory could win the summer. I wonder if it can repeat the success of TS3 back in 2010. Maybe not £70m like that made, but I could see it passing £50m if everything goes right.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Dory could win the summer. I wonder if it can repeat the success of TS3 back in 2010. Maybe not £70m like that made, but I could see it passing £50m if everything goes right.

I think Dory will do very well but it does face a lot of competition from other kiddy fare like Pets, Ice Age and The BFG. 

That's a very impressive start for The Jungle Book. I would say it will certainly hit $40 million in the end.

Oh no... the UK Box office of Zootopia already reaching $29.5 million... equaling French BO... (sigh)

4 minutes ago, Max said:

That's a very impressive start for The Jungle Book. I would say it will certainly hit $40 million in the end.

Oh no... the UK Box office of Zootopia already reaching $29.5 million... equaling French BO... (sigh)

How is that a bad thing?

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

How is that a bad thing?

Nah, don't worry, I am just kidding. It's not a bad thing really. I just wished Zootopia was more successful in my country than in the UK but it is a just childish and trivial. I am actually delighted that Zootopia is huge success and I already hope (probably like you) for a sequel!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Max said:

Nah, don't worry, I am just kidding. It's not a bad thing really. I just wished Zootopia was more successful in my country than in the UK but it is a just childish and trivial. I am actually delighted that Zootopia is huge success and I already hope (probably like you) for a sequel!

Who knows what the answer is, considering exchange rates. But it's trivial anyways. :P

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Max said:

Soooo, 40 million USD aint happening for Zootopia?