Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Pre-sales around my area look very strong. Prime locations such as Vue Westfield are looking good, there is a huge amount of showtimes. 

BvS has the 3 day opening record for a superhero film now, only just, with, £14.6m. 

I'm saying £15m for CW 3 day, £18.5m ($27m) 4 day, both records. 

As for Jungle Book, £3.5m 3 day, £4.5m 4 day for around £28m ($41m). It'll beat both BvS and Deadpool. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

As I went in to my Alien double bill screening (love my life), saw a sell out for the Jungle Book. In an hour. Maybe it won't collapse this weekend..... 

Yeah, It definitely won't collapse. I put £3.5m for a conservative figure, but really, I don't think it'll drop over 50%. After that, it'll stabalise again. Doubt Angry Birds will make much of a dent.

I see no reason why CW won't follow SK and Aus.

BvS had a huge £6.4m OD in the UK. CV likely won't top that as BvS opened Good Friday when all school were out and people were off work. That was by far its biggest day though, and it slowed down over Saturday and Sunday for £14.6m.

CW I'm expecting maybe £4.5m Fri, £6m Sat, £5m Sun, £4m Bank Holiday Monday.

£15.5m 3 day ($22.5m) and £19.5m ($28.5m) 4 day. Both records for superhero flick.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Heretic said:

I see no reason why CW won't follow SK and Aus.

BvS had a huge £6.4m OD in the UK. CV likely won't top that as BvS opened Good Friday when all school were out and people were off work. That was by far its biggest day though, and it slowed down over Saturday and Sunday for £14.6m.

CW I'm expecting maybe £4.5m Fri, £6m Sat, £5m Sun, £4m Bank Holiday Monday.

£15.5m 3 day ($22.5m) and £19.5m ($28.5m) 4 day. Both records for superhero flick.

How's the marketing for CW in the UK? There's some people on reddit saying that they didn't see any promotion for it, very little posters and TV spots. 

Edited by Mezmer

Well I haven't been watching TV much recently due to exams, but they showed a spot with the Game of Thrones premiere, so marketing is definitely there. Awareness is very high anyway, marketing will make little difference. 

AoU had a £3.7-3.8m Friday, followed by £10.7m over Saturday and Sunday for £14.4m 3 day, £18m including Thursday.

£4-4.5m today would be a great number, and would put Civil War on track for £15m+ 3 day.

Tonight is looking very strong, seeing some sell-outs already, shows will be packed out.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1