Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

6 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Jungle Book has sold out all day again at my local. Can see this out grossing CW and making a run at £50m.

That would be incredible, but I doubt it gets that high. If only there was another half term coming up...

£13.5m is still pretty good considering it'll likely make another £3-4m tomorrow. It's strange that Marvel didn't do a Thursday opening like they did for Ultron. 

Next week is minimal competition, Bad Neighbours 2 will likely drop hard from BN. X-Men in three weeks will be interesting box office wise, I doubt it'll match DOFP's opening but £7-8m seems doable 

The Jungle book dropped only 36% from its incredible 2nd weekend, even with Civil War. Wtf! That's a£5.1m 3rd weekend. With bank holiday probably over £6.5m, which would be a drop of just 20%. This is locked for £40m, if it continues like this (no competition next week), £45m becomes a possibility. This is one of the most impressive runs for ages. 

Civil War £14m ($20.5m) opening. Impressive, but I did expect it to beat BvS's £14.6m after its OD. I don't get why it didn't really increase yesterday after Friday was a school/work day. Both Avengers films and IM3 had huge Saturdays. Perhaps due to it being a bank holiday weekend business is more spread out. Should hit £17m 4 day, which would be great. 

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Civil War £14m opening. Impressive, but I did expect it to beat BvS's £14.6m after its OD. I don't get why it didn't really increase yesterday after Friday was a school/work day. Both Avengers films and IM3 had huge Saturdays. Perhaps due to it being a bank holiday weekend business is more spread out. Should hit £17m 4 day, which would be great. 

it's ok i dont think it get the legs like BvS,the more i follow boxoffice,i feel great hold like TJB more impressive than big opening :P 

30 minutes ago, Heretic said:

The Jungle book dropped only 36% from its incredible 2nd weekend, even with Civil War. Wtf! That's a£5.1m 3rd weekend. With bank holiday probably over £6.5m, which would be a drop of just 20%. This is locked for £40m, if it continues like this (no competition next week), £45m becomes a possibility. This is one of the most impressive runs for ages. 

After Deadpool, its the most impressive run. Most people thought it would be more of a Maleficent/Cinderella run. I'm not sure anything else will break out like that apart from maybe Dory or IMO The BFG.

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Is it getting Laser? 

Lamentably no, that was my original question to them. I'm not complaining about the refurb though, as the new screens are really nice. 

After leaving the cinema earlier (saw God's not Dead 2 (fucking horrible)) I saw a new screening of the Jungle Book added after 10pm. Looked at how busy it was and it's at least 70% full! Insanity! 

Edited by SchumacherFTW

19 minutes ago, PhilipJ2001 said:

yeah BFG will be HUGE here if the reviews are solid.

Think Dory will be the top grossing family film of the summer but I think BFG will be second followed by Ice Age and The Secret Life of Pets

5 hours ago, Cynosure said:

Both Australia and the U.K pointing to a similar direction when it comes to the DOM opening it seems.

5 hours ago, Heretic said:

An opening on par to UK's would put it at around 185m. Seems very reasonable, but 200m wouldn't suspense me. 

Agree. The U.K. and Australia suggest USD180-190m. I'm going with $187m for a precise estimate. 

Daytime business is looking crazy today, as busy, if not busier than the weekend. Evening will be down, but a huge Bank holiday Monday can be expected.

Same for The Jungle Book, I'm seeing so many sell-outs this afternoon for it. 

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Daytime business is looking crazy today, as busy, if not busier than the weekend. Evening will be down, but a huge Bank holiday Monday can be expected.

Same for The Jungle Book, I'm seeing so many sell-outs this afternoon for it. 

I'll vouch for that. My 1030 cap screening sold out, and has at least 5 more already today. Jungle Book has only 2 screenings left today that aren't sold out, and Zootopia sold out its last show on my way out. Disney could have one of the best single days on record as a distributor imo. 

12 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I'll vouch for that. My 1030 cap screening sold out, and has at least 5 more already today. Jungle Book has only 2 screenings left today that aren't sold out, and Zootopia sold out its last show on my way out. Disney could have one of the best single days on record as a distributor imo. 

Yeah, I'm seeing even more sell-outs for TJB right now than Cap. Looks as busy as its first Saturday. It's having an absolutely insane day. Probably over £6m between the 2 of them.

Edited by Heretic