Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Avengers: Age of Ultron took £22.35m over its first seven days (Thurs 23-Weds 29) at the UK box office, a record for Disney.

CW has done £22m in 6 days, so it's running ahead of AoU. Should be about £22.8m going into the weekend. AoU's 2nd weekend was boosted massively by Bank holiday, so its 11 day total was £32.3m, and £34.8m after the bank holiday. CW obviously has one day less as it opened on a Friday, not a Thursday, but it will hopefully be around £30m by Sunday if the weather doesn't have too much of an impact. 

So it will fall behind AoU due to no holiday weekend softening its 2nd week drop, but it may catch up over the progressive weekends. 

• Like 5

Weather is having a MASSIVE impact around my area. It's far too nice outside for the cinema. I've checked showings for CW and TJB tonight, and they are practically empty compared to last week. Maybe walk-ups will be big, but expect some significant falls this weekend for sure, with a rebound next week. 

Edited by Heretic

2 hours ago, Heretic said:

Weather is having a MASSIVE impact around my area. It's far too nice outside for the cinema. I've checked showings for CW and TJB tonight, and they are practically empty compared to last week. Maybe walk-ups will be big, but expect some significant falls this weekend for sure, with a rebound next week. 

Funny, my show of Bad Neighbours 2 is practically sold out! 

15 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Funny, my show of Bad Neighbours 2 is practically sold out! 

Really? That's doing poorly from what I'm seeing. In my local, it's on the biggest screen for the 7pm show, and I just counted 21 people. Absolutely awful. 

10 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Really? That's doing poorly from what I'm seeing. In my local, it's on the biggest screen for the 7pm show, and I just counted 21 people. Absolutely awful. 

Nowhere near the biggest screen at mine, but it's practically sold out. Crawley always pops up big with comedy though. 

The first BN did £3.3m without previews so £2m wouldn't be too bad, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a tad lower though. How is Florence Foster Jenkins, I assume that one is more of a weekday matinee sort of film so will debut lower than BN2

18 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The first BN did £3.3m without previews so £2m wouldn't be too bad, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a tad lower though. How is Florence Foster Jenkins, I assume that one is more of a weekday matinee sort of film so will debut lower than BN2

We've got second screens running on that during evenings here. On 12 screens, we only have 4 movies that start after 6pm this week. 

10 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

We've got second screens running on that during evenings here. On 12 screens, we only have 4 movies that start after 6pm this week. 

I assume because of the refurb? How many screen is Crawley normally?

17 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

How is Neighbors 2 doing?

Probably not that well.

Cinema's around me aren't doing usual Saturday business because of the weather. Elsewhere in the country films might be doing better.

10 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Probably not that well.

Cinema's around me aren't doing usual Saturday business because of the weather. Elsewhere in the country films might be doing better.

It's added a third screen tonight at my local, so it can't be doing too badly. 

If you look at Vue Westfield, everything looks rather muted. On a normal Saturday evening, most showtimes for big films are all absolutely rammed. 

Any numbers @Rth  ? 

Edited by Heretic

3 minutes ago, Heretic said:

£2m for Neighbours. Pretty poor, even with weather. Probably won't even make half of the first's £16m.

Its not bad but I do think it will drop hard in the coming weeks

8 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Its not bad but I do think it will drop hard in the coming weeks

It's definitely not good. It's pretty meh. Bad Neighbours was hugely popular, especially among students, no one seems to care about the sequel. I agree it'll drop off fast.

Edited by Heretic