Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Beauty will definitely top £10 million second weekend. The thing plays like absolute gangbusters. Nothing will come close to it until Jedi arrives in December. 

Decent for Get Out, considering the behemoth it opened next to. That word of mouth from the states and those reviews clearly translated. 

Top playdates 18-Mar
all BATB

1-CW Sheffield 
(beat OLS by a whisker)
2-Odeon Leicester Square
(Over 2.5 times CWLS both combined huge)
3-Odeon Trafford
4-CW crawley
5-Odeon Metrocentre
6-Vue Dublin
7-Vue Westfield london
8-NAC Showcase Bluwater
9-Odeon Liverpool 1
10-CW Glasgow
11-CW Milton Keynes
12-CW Basoldon
13-CW Didsbury
14-Odeon Milton Keynes
15-Odeon Norwich

• Like 5

4 hours ago, wildphantom said:

Beauty will definitely top £10 million second weekend. The thing plays like absolute gangbusters. Nothing will come close to it until Jedi arrives in December. 

Decent for Get Out, considering the behemoth it opened next to. That word of mouth from the states and those reviews clearly translated. 

I agree, nothing's getting close to BATB's OW numbers for months. I think we'll have a fair number of £10-15m openers though.

4 hours ago, Rth and the Beast said:

Top playdates 18-Mar
all BATB

1-CW Sheffield 
(beat OLS by a whisker)
2-Odeon Leicester Square
(Over 2.5 times CWLS both combined huge)
3-Odeon Trafford
4-CW crawley
5-Odeon Metrocentre
6-Vue Dublin
7-Vue Westfield london
8-NAC Showcase Bluwater
9-Odeon Liverpool 1
10-CW Glasgow
11-CW Milton Keynes
12-CW Basoldon
13-CW Didsbury
14-Odeon Milton Keynes
15-Odeon Norwich

Interesting Vue Westfield was only seventh, surprised no BFI IMAX in the top 15. OLS always seems to beat Cineworld LS despite the IMAX screen being superior but I guess they have double the capacity in the main screen. 

5 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Kinda funny how both Milton Keynes cinemas make it in to the top 15, I didn't realise the place had so many people. 

Keep in mind, it wouldn't just be Milton Keynes but the surrounding areas as well. 

Admissions update

Admissions figures – number of tickets sold – are now in for February, and they show a healthy 7.3% rise on February 2016, buoyed by hits such as The Lego Batman Movie, Fifty Shades Darker and Sing. February’s admissions tally of 16.48m is the highest for the calendar month since 2011, which was boosted by the likes of Tangled, Gnomeo & Juliet and The King’s Speech. For January and February together, admissions are 7.1% up on the first two months of 2016, with January this year bringing hits such as La La Land, Lion and Split to the party.

It will be another four weeks before March’s admissions numbers are tallied but, based on box reports so far, the month looks set to be nicely up on March 2016. A year ago, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Zootropolis provided a strong finish to March in its final week, but the collective might of Beauty and the Beast, Logan and Skull Island should be enough to push March 2017 convincingly ahead.

UK box-office is looking very healthy for the first few months of 2017. July could be pretty big this year with Despicable Me 3, Spiderman, Cars 3, War for the Planet of the Apes and Dunkirk.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Heretic said:

UK box-office is looking very healthy for the first few months of 2017. July could be pretty big this year with Despicable Me 3, Spiderman, Cars 3, War for the Planet of the Apes and Dunkirk.

June will be up admissions wise due to no football and a stronger slate of films with Wonder Woman, The Mummy and Transformers. August will be down though as it's a pretty barren month, September will be as well unless Kingsman 2 massively increases. 

Lots of sellouts this evening due to 2 for 1 tickets, almost looks as busy as opening day. Weekday business will be massive. Really interested to see what kind of hold it pulls off this weekend.

Edited by Heretic

weekend TOP 10 March 17-19

1 Beauty And The Beast 2017/3/17 £19,700,000 N/A £19,700,000 Walt Disney Int'l
2 Kong: Skull Island 2017/3/10 £2,705,634 -57% £11,066,584 Warner Bros Int'l
3 Get Out 2017/3/17 £2,160,098 N/A £2,160,098 Universal Int'l
4 Logan 2017/3/3 £1,758,060 -54% £20,274,335 Fox Int'l
5 Lego Batman Movie, The 2017/2/10 £515,771 -37% £26,602,135 Warner Bros Int'l
6 Viceroy's House 2017/3/3 £238,057 -58% £3,123,628 Fox Int'l
7 Sing 2017/1/27 £220,056 -52% £28,284,956 Universal Int'l
8 Moulin Rouge! (re: 2017) 2017/2/17 £199,160 N/A £1,597,817 Fox Int'l
9 Moonlight 2017/2/17 £192,676 -60% £3,852,475 Altitude Film
10 Hidden Figures 2017/2/17 £177,074 -56% £5,730,368 Fox Int'l
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Heretic said:

So BatB has added around £4m ($5m) Monday and Tuesday, seems to be heading for around £8m ($10m) weekdays. Amazing for a family film with no holidays. 

As I have mentioned, I think BATB skews older compared to something like The Jungle Book so it's appeals to adults as well as children. It's going to be near £40m by the end of the weekend which is insane.

• Like 1

WoM is insane.In The days right after the release of the film,the main subject of the discussion around the unuversity changed from whatever my peers are obsessing these days to BaTB and they all loved it.What's more suprising is that not only people over 20 years old were raving about it,but many were also men.

This can help because maybe men will be a lot more willing to see it if they hear good word from unexpected sources like...the dudes.

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel

7 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

Any predictions for this weekends newcomers? seen as there are four I'm sure it will be a PACKED weekend.

Power Ranger is difficult. But I can't see more than £3m for that.

Life looks good, but doubt it'll do that well. Probably around £1.5m.

Chips >£1m. 

BatB will likely do double all openers combined. 

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Heretic said:

Power Ranger is difficult. But I can't see more than £3m for that.

Life looks good, but doubt it'll do that well. Probably around £1.5m.

Chips >£1m. 

BatB will likely do double all openers combined. 

I would say that my prediction is BatB will reach £9.5m followed by Power Rangers with £2.7m. Are my BatB's numbers a bit low for that?

11 minutes ago, KevinPr said:

I would say that my prediction is BatB will reach £9.5m followed by Power Rangers with £2.7m. Are my BatB's numbers a bit low for that?

Personally I can't see it dropping more than 40%, which would be £11.8m.

• Like 1