Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

On 4/24/2019 at 11:01 AM, cdsacken said:

End Game to beat SFA for the #2 spot all time in the UK for openers above 50 million (OW). Spectre with it's 7 day opener is basically cheating but I can't see it doing anywhere near 63.7 million with the pound getting killed and only 4 days. 

Personally I think the talk of the legs being as short as Infinity War is a bit premature. Yeah it's front loaded as all get but it has nothing to compete against until May 10th and I'm not sure how that will even do in the UK. I'll go 52 million OW, 135 total in UK. Ridiculous but I'm hoping they appreciate the quality.

Wednesday 11am oh yeah

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

So how close is that to Spectre’s opening? 

Very close in pounds, not as close in dollars. Spectre did 41.3 million pounds in an entire week. 

Gbp currency was worth about 15% more back in late October 2015. $10 million less than the weekly figure. However Spectre had a monstrous hold it will not be able to repeat I'm afraid. Who knows we'll see but I doubt it.

Edited by cdsacken

Pretty sure this number will go up, maybe by a £1m or more. I don’t believe that Sunday was less than £9m.

Either way, an incredible number, beating Spectre’s opening week in 4 days and annihilating all other opening records. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RtheEnd said:

Biggest everything lol

Looking at around  3days lc31.5m, 4 days lc43.4m, see when  reported comes out maybe even more.

Dear God it's only gonna a be a few million from beating a 6.5 day OW when currency rates were 15% higher 3.5 years ago. My god.

Edited by cdsacken

'Avengers: Endgame' smashes UK box office opening record with £41.6m see next post, its £43.4m

Avengers: Endgame, the final entry in the current cycle of Marvel comic book films, lived up to its hype this weekend, tumbling box office records around the globe.

As part of its remarkable £930m ($1.2bn) global debut, the film posted a provisional four-day £41.6m ($53.8m) opening in the UK, with a final figure to come later today.

That number beats the all-time UK box office opening record, which was James Bond film Spectre on £41.3m back in October 2015.

Remarkably, Spectre’s figure was across seven days after a Monday opening, i.e. four days of previews (Mon-Thurs, when it took £21.3m) and then the three-day opening weekend (£20m).

Endgame has topped that figure in just four days. It has also broken the Fri-Sun opening weekend record of £24.33m held by Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Disney confirmed to Screen, with that figure still being finalised.

That means the Marvel film also comfortably topped the previous entry in the franchise, last year’s Avengers: Infinity War, which had £23.1m Fri-Sun and £29.4m including the Thursday.

Endgame opened in around 670 sites this weekend.

More to follow.

They post usually a lot more about other titles too, I guess they are still wording that

https://www.screendaily.com/news/avengers-endgame-smashes-uk-box-office-opening-record-with-416m/5138849.article

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Thanos Legion said:

Still in shock at taking down the Bond 7-day.

UK records include: • Highest opening • Highest opening weekend • Highest single-day opening • Highest Saturday • Highest Sunday Full details:

• Like 1