Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

1 hour ago, Heretic said:

Quite weak for Aquaman, only £1.4m in 2 days. Should pick up a bit this weekend but I can’t see much more than £6m 5 day. 

I think a better comparison would be Wonder Woman although that had a Thursday opening. I have a feeling Aquaman will match or exceed WW's three day opening of £5m which would be solid considering Aquaman has a lot more competition. 

3 hours ago, Heretic said:

Quite weak for Aquaman, only £1.4m in 2 days. Should pick up a bit this weekend but I can’t see much more than £6m 5 day. 

Out performing like all other dc films apart from JL is weak?

Edited by Wotad

51 minutes ago, Wotad said:

Out performing like all other dc films apart from JL is weak?

Didn't Man Of Steel and BvS open with like 20M in the UK? Probably because of Cavill. Oh and Suicide Squad did pretty well

Edited by YSLDC

24 minutes ago, YSLDC said:

Didn't Man Of Steel and BvS open with like 20M in the UK? Probably because of Cavill. Oh and Suicide Squad did pretty well

Ok you are right they opened much higher then i thought so ignore me 😜 

I still dont think this is bad for Aquaman considering alot of competition still hope it can do 30 million, quite sad it will make less than other DC film's when its the best experience in the Cinema honestly. 

Hope it can beat WW though if it has a chance. 

Edited by Wotad

26 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

You're being really optimistic lol. WOM isn't going to save a film that opened so low.

And maybe the audience WOM is not like BOT  members WOM (or others sites online), who think Spiderverse is the best movie ever, just saying...especially abroad.

BOT members (and critics)  do not find bohemian rhapsody a great movie, but audience everywhere love this movie, it has phenomenal legs everywhere.

Edited by Lucasmessi12

51 minutes ago, Lucasmessi12 said:

And maybe the audience WOM is not like BOT  members WOM (or others sites online), who think Spiderverse is the best movie ever, just saying...especially abroad.

BOT members (and critics)  do not find bohemian rhapsody a great movie, but audience everywhere love this movie, it has phenomenal legs everywhere.

Says social media monitor RelishMix about the pic’s fantastic word of mouth, “fans are excited for this unique look on the comic book creation with its multiple universe storyline. Others are stoked not only by the unique animation look, but also by the Afro-Latino hero at the center of the story. Recalling the notable soundtrack, many fans are asking about the titles of songs in the film and calling out Sunflower and other music tracks which spurred them to watch the trailer and clips again.  Finally, for those who have seen early screenings, they’re saying the film reviews and super-positive buzz are all real, and audiences should stay until the end of the credits.”

A+ Cinemascore, 5 stars PostTrak and 80 % definite recommend. Let's not make shit up here. It's not a BOT or critics phenomenon only. 

The film is phenomenal. If you don't dig it, too bad for you really

Edited by TimmyRiggins

4 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Says social media monitor RelishMix about the pic’s fantastic word of mouth, “fans are excited for this unique look on the comic book creation with its multiple universe storyline. Others are stoked not only by the unique animation look, but also by the Afro-Latino hero at the center of the story. Recalling the notable soundtrack, many fans are asking about the titles of songs in the film and calling out Sunflower and other music tracks which spurred them to watch the trailer and clips again.  Finally, for those who have seen early screenings, they’re saying the film reviews and super-positive buzz are all real, and audiences should stay until the end of the credits.”

A+ Cinemascore, 5 stars PostTrak and 80 % definite recommend. Let's not make shit up here. It's not a BOT or critics phenomenon only. 

The film is phenomenal. If you don't dig it, too bad for you really

US = not world... I honestly do not think that abroad Spiderverse will have the same WOM that has in  US,  let's wait and see.

I think the issue goes well beyond any question of WOM. Animated movies of established, well-known superheroes (such as Batman, Spider-Man, etc.) have limited appeal OS and are not really regarded as must-see cinematic events by the OS masses.

The LEGO Batman Movie did anemic numbers overseas, and it seems like ITSV will have a similar performance. And yet, by all accounts, both are well-made movies about massively popular characters. So, it cannot be the movies themselves being awful but the format of the movie (animated) not seen as appealing enough for a cinema trip with these characters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Marathon said:

I think the issue goes well beyond any question of WOM. Animated movies of established, well-known superheroes (such as Batman, Spider-Man, etc.) have limited appeal OS and are not really regarded as must-see cinematic events by the OS masses.

The LEGO Batman Movie did anemic numbers overseas, and it seems like ITSV will have a similar performance. And yet, by all accounts, both are well-made movies about massively popular characters. So, it cannot be the movies themselves being awful but the format of the movie (animated) not seen as appealing enough for a cinema trip with these characters.

I love spider man watched all movies in the Cinema but dont intend to watch this in the Cinema 

• Like 2