Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Wow that is really, really impressive for Breaking Dawn!

Any chance it gets over 150m?

Ok, I posted this is in the wrong thread, was intended for the DHD Friday thread... Im not THAT stupid to the point where I think BD1 would make $150m in the UK considering only one movie has ever gone that high - Avatar.

Edited by Robertron

Wow, I'm really impressed! What's the previous OW weekend record for the series?

Well, New Moon opened to £11.7m and Eclipse £13.8m, but that had 2 days of previews which made over £6m I think.So, BD1's opening so far has more than doubled New Moon's in one day.

Well, New Moon opened to £11.7m and Eclipse £13.8m, but that had 2 days of previews which made over £6m I think.So, BD1's opening so far has more than doubled New Moon's in one day.

Cool, thanks. It'll be interesting to see what the weekend total is - I hope it beats Eclipse.

Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Pt 1 does £4.4m in UK on Sat, and £10.7m total so far (Fr/Sat). From Charlesgant.So, It actually had quite a big fall yesterday. Around £14m from the weekend then, near $22m. Still very impressive compared to NM and Eclipse.

I'm not surprised it dropped. At my cinema Saturday was down about 40%, although if you take the midnight number off from ours it was up a little bit.Sunday is down about another 30%.It's up a tiny bit on Eclipse's first weekend + previews (so 5 day opening).Arthur Christmas is actually up 7% here, so expect a very small drop (or maybe even an increase) nationwide.