Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

I'm not surprised it dropped. At my cinema Saturday was down about 40%, although if you take the midnight number off from ours it was up a little bit.Sunday is down about another 30%.It's up a tiny bit on Eclipse's first weekend + previews (so 5 day opening).Arthur Christmas is actually up 7% here, so expect a very small drop (or maybe even an increase) nationwide.

AC doesn't have the same audience as Twilight and it has no competition until December although given HF2's dissapointed in America, it may underperform here.

AC doesn't have the same audience as Twilight and it has no competition until December although given HF2's dissapointed in America, it may underperform here.

Not to mention the OTHER xmas movie on Dec 9th. Can't wait to get me some Harold and Kumar again! I doubt it will bear any influence on AC, but a man can dream can't he.

"Arthur Christmas went up in UK on second weekend (£2.32m vs £2.11m), following pattern of past festive flicks that opened so early pre-Xmas"as I predicted.

Good job Philip!You definitely know your market. Good for Arthur Christmas.
  • Like 1

1 The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 £13,910,877 £13,910,8772 Arthur Christmas 3D £2,317,963 £5,018,4213 The Adventures Of Tin Tin: Secret Of The Unicorn £988,578 £14,095,7184 Immortals 3D £950,230 £4,309,7985 In Time £453,958 £4,505,2076 Tower Heist £411,888 £3,711,3557 Justice £276,483 £276,4838 Johnny English Reborn £256,828 £20,132,8289 The Rum Diary £230,740 £1,202,07410 The Ides Of March £180,692 £2,574,632

I've said this so many times now, but that's very impressive for BD1. Should be able to do between £28-30m.AC over £10m for sure. Tintin should be able to get to around £17m now, so not too bad.BD1 will probably drop around 65% to £4.8m. More than good enough for #1 again though. My Week With Marilyn doesn't look very good. I mean, Michelle Williams as Marilyn? It'll probably open decently. Maybe £1.5m. Same for Moneyball.

I've said this so many times now, but that's very impressive for BD1. Should be able to do between £28-30m.AC over £10m for sure. Tintin should be able to get to around £17m now, so not too bad.BD1 will probably drop around 65% to £4.8m. More than good enough for #1 again though. My Week With Marilyn doesn't look very good. I mean, Michelle Williams as Marilyn? It'll probably open decently. Maybe £1.5m. Same for Moneyball.

I'd put money on 50/50 doing better than Moneyball just because of the screen count. Also, has anyone heard of The Awakening? My cineworld's getting it on a single show per night basis and I know nothing about it.