Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

On 15/03/2018 at 6:46 AM, Heretic said:

Near £70m? The British do love musicals but that would be crazy. Definitely isn't impossible though. 

The Greatest Showman has had one of the most impressive runs ever and it's still going strong. Probably will end up near £45m. 

I think it'll do well but it has to be good otherwise it's dropping. I wouldn't be shocked if Christopher Robin is a surprise hit.

10 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think it'll do well but it has to be good otherwise it's dropping. I wouldn't be shocked if Christopher Robin is a surprise hit.

bear in mind 40%+ inflation since 2008.

I just googled that and that is actually stunning.

Edited by Treetanic

3 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Avengers is Star Wars level with upfront presales from what I'm seeing so far, freaking nuts. 

£22-25m four days is doable, AOU did £18m four days. 

It'll be interesting how Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom does because I have a hunch that's going to drop from the first film, it does have the advantage of being the only blockbuster for a month due to the World Cup. 

7 hours ago, Treetanic said:

well, this is box office we're talking about, not your personal critique of the movie

When I was talking about quality I was saying it will have good word of mouth "I think it will go down as..." rather than "I think that...", I wasn't just talking about my actual opinion if you read the conversation back. So thanks for the reminder, but I'm good.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Treetanic said:

Odds on Monday's mystery screening at local independent cinema being Ready Player One....

it's 12A That's all I know. just hope is not Love Simon like cineworld had the other day. The cinema allows refunds if you don't want to watch the movie and they've got two screens booked for this so if it's a small movie they are gonna get a lot of refunds.

Ready Player One has an Unlimited Screening the same day, so the chances are pretty high I guess. I have been seeing billboards everywhere for it and Pacific Rim: Uprising

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Treetanic said:

Sorry @Mike Hunt I didn't mean to be condescending.

And yeah pretty sure it will be RPO. I would go to the cineworld unlimited showing on the same day but it's 3D only and I can't stand 3D. 

Its fine :) 

I'm not too big on 3D but its the only screening near me so I think I can stand it. I can't wait for the Isle of Dogs screening on 26th. I really hope Isle of Dogs breaks out to be honest, but it probably won't, not the most popular type of animation as well as a more niche feel.

Edited by Mike Hunt

Yeah weather might effect BO again this weekend. I'm in Southampton right now and there's quite a lot of snow. 

Peter Rabbit does look like it's doing well though. Should have a strong run over Easter holidays with £20m possible. 

I'd say higher than that for Peter Rabbit if we're anything to go by. We've sold out every show this weekend and midweek business is looking a lot better than expected. It should be strong again next weekend and then have a great run in the Easter Holidays. 

3 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

+60M for BP 0.0 

i hope Ready player one reach 30M here

I think £15-20m is more likely, it's not like The BFG which had the Roald Dahl connection. WB has been marketing very heavily so I think it'll do £4-5m four days

So many Peter Rabbit sellouts near me. knew it would do well but if that £6.8M is true that is nuts.

Also have noticed quite a few Game Night showings selling out in various cinemas, it must be having a nice little run.