Jump to content
Heretic

UK Box Office Thread: Frozen II record breaking £15.1m opening, Joker passes TDKR - £57.1m total

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Jonwo said:

It 2 did £2.93m OD, looks like we’re heading for a £7-8m OW

It Chapter 1 did £10m. So down a bit. Still huge for a horror film. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UK Weekend 36 2019.9.6-9.8

Rank Title Weekend Scr Total
1 It: Chapter Two £7,368,586 652 £7,368,586
2 Once Upon A Time In Hollywood £1,084,302 631 £18,591,862
3 Angel Has Fallen £695,622 519 £5,931,985
4 The Lion King £686,991 608 £73,143,510
5 Polityka £517,255 261 £517,255
6 Dora And The Lost City Of Gold £393,429 551 £4,806,749
7 Toy Story 4 (3D) £484,600 545 £64,591,112
8 Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw £348,246 360 £19,753,144
9 Casino Royale £346,141 1 £7,109,812
10 Good Boys £150,071 264 £2,890,628
11 Pain And Glory £147,409 122 £1,144,573
12 Angry Birds 2 £143,487 389 £4,885,783
13 Mrs. Lowry And Son £135,657 221 £606,889
14 Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark £128,786 327 £2,087,624
15 Spider-Man: Far From Home £113,854 222 £36,775,889
16 Chhichhore £101,471 76 £101,471
17 The Souvenir £95,815 66 £289,003
18 The Informer £90,390 296 £609,839
19 Aladdin £89,866 292 £36,978,953
Edited by dada
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Predictions for Joker? 
 

Pre-sales are very strong and there has been a lot of marketing. I can sense quite a lot of excitement for this.

 

I expect £7-8m at least, although getting near £10m wouldn’t surprise me. 

  • Like 2
  • Astonished 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2019 at 12:23 AM, dada said:

UK Weekend 36 2019.9.6-9.8

Rank Title Weekend Scr Total
1 It: Chapter Two £7,368,586 652 £7,368,586
2 Once Upon A Time In Hollywood £1,084,302 631 £18,591,862
3 Angel Has Fallen £695,622 519 £5,931,985
4 The Lion King £686,991 608 £73,143,510
5 Polityka £517,255 261 £517,255
6 Dora And The Lost City Of Gold £393,429 551 £4,806,749
7 Toy Story 4 (3D) £484,600 545 £64,591,112
8 Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw £348,246 360 £19,753,144
9 Casino Royale £346,141 1 £7,109,812
10 Good Boys £150,071 264 £2,890,628
11 Pain And Glory £147,409 122 £1,144,573
12 Angry Birds 2 £143,487 389 £4,885,783
13 Mrs. Lowry And Son £135,657 221 £606,889
14 Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark £128,786 327 £2,087,624
15 Spider-Man: Far From Home £113,854 222 £36,775,889
16 Chhichhore £101,471 76 £101,471
17 The Souvenir £95,815 66 £289,003
18 The Informer £90,390 296 £609,839
19 Aladdin £89,866 292 £36,978,953

Just FYI   "Scr" Screens  is actually a locations count

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Heretic said:

Predictions for Joker? 
 

Pre-sales are very strong and there has been a lot of marketing. I can sense quite a lot of excitement for this.

 

I expect £7-8m at least, although getting near £10m wouldn’t surprise me. 

I think £7-8m, £10m might be tricky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tonight has sell outs at my local, Saturday is getting busy too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yeah I’m thinking closer to £10m now, cinemas around me look full tonight. 

Edited by Heretic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joker is doing huge business tonight. Vue Westfield Stratford and Vue Islington are both sold out till 10pm and even shows after that are quite full. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Heretic said:

Joker is doing huge business tonight. Vue Westfield Stratford and Vue Islington are both sold out till 10pm and even shows after that are quite full. 

It’s going exactly as I had foreseen. This is the kind of movie the UK will eat up. 

Edited by VENOM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

All shows after 5.30 pm are sold out for tonight at my local cinema, from what I could tell people seem to like the movie as well

Edited by BlitheringEdiot
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hustlers weekend holds have been insane here:

 

weekend 2: -22%
weekend 3: -4% 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joker is looking insanely busy this afternoon and evening. Can’t see less than £4m Saturday. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Joker

UK: $ 4,7M

Huge. £3.8m OD, thinking £5m might happen today then and £12.5m OW. Incredible. This is doing way better than expected. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

London I expected to Joker to do awesome im. That said that's above what I thought. If pound wasn't getting crushed that USD figure would be HUGE

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair, it's been heavily promoted in recent weeks by BoJo the Clown and his hijinks. Clowns are all the rage...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cdsacken said:

London I expected to Joker to do awesome im. That said that's above what I thought. If pound wasn't getting crushed that USD figure would be HUGE

 

I haven’t seen cinemas in London so busy since Endgame. Vue Stratford has added shows tonight and is sold out till 11pm.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just came out of a packed viewing, the joker is on fire. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.