Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Watched it last night and it was truly amazing. Completely packed too at 8:30pm. The trailers we got were Wonderwoman (TWICE!, Pirates, Transformers, Alien: Covenant and Kingsman. Pirates and kingsman both got very positive responses from the audience.

I expected either Spiderman, Thor or Star Wars, but none of those were attached!

26 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Guardians has sold out all 2D shows until 7:50pm at Cineworld Crawley and it's not even 11am. Will be in the top 10 locations for sure.

Looks like Sunday will be more or less flat from Saturday. I expect this is doing more IM3/Avengers numbers. IM3 made £13.7m 4-day, Avengers made £15.8m 4 day. A figure somewhere in the middle of that seems likely for Guardians. 

They're always packed for blockbusters in Crawley. I kinda miss having it as my local. 

17 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

So between $ 21M /25M ? It s huge for the guardian 

No, because exchange rates have dropped a lot since 2013. Around $15m 3 day, $19m 4-day including bank holiday Monday. But remember, this is just an estimate, we have no firm numbers.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Heretic said:

No, because exchange rates have dropped a lot since 2013. Around $15m 3 day, $19m 4-day including bank holiday Monday. But remember, this is just an estimate, we have no firm numbers.

Ahh ok! Between $21/25 it s too huge! 

Edited by fabiopazzo2

1 minute ago, Heretic said:

£12m according to Ian Sandwell. Even better. Could get very near The Avengers 4-day. 

That's double what the first film did over four days. I don't think it'll have Avengers legs because the May competition is a lot tougher but I think it'll finish with a similar total to Civil War and IM3.

• Like 1

GOTG V2 will easily be number 1 next week as the second weekend of May has no big releases but Alien: Covenant will knock it off the top spot the week after, it's already been advertised and I suspect it'll be do £4-5m OW I doubt it'll do Prometheus numbers. 

Edited by Jonwo

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

GOTG V2 will easily be number 1 next week as the second weekend of May has no big releases but Alien: Covenant will knock it off the top spot the week after, it's already been advertised and I suspect it'll be do £4-5m OW I doubt it'll do Prometheus numbers. 

Agreed. The week after that is King Arthur which will probably do similar numbers, I can't see it being that big of a hit. Pirates is the next £10m+ contender. It too opens over bank holiday weekend, and also at the start of half term so should pull in some strong numbers that week. 

The biggest play is the UK with $15.5M, followed by Australia at $11.6M, Germany with $8.3M, France at $7.9M and Mexico with $7.6M. In the UK, Disney now has the top two openers of 2017 led by Beauty And The Beast and with GOTG2 in 2nd. The film’s debut is also the 2nd biggest ever for a Marvel Cinematic Universe title — behind Captain America: Civil War, and ahead of GOTG by 86%.

10 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Agreed. The week after that is King Arthur which will probably do similar numbers, I can't see it being that big of a hit. Pirates is the next £10m+ contender. It too opens over bank holiday weekend, and also at the start of half term so should pull in some strong numbers that week. 

King Arthur I wouldn't surprised if it does £2-3m for its opening, Pirates I do think will open lower than the previous films but £6-7m over 4-5 days but it faces Baywatch which opens on the Bank holiday Monday then Wonder Woman three days later

Just now, Jonwo said:

King Arthur I wouldn't surprised if it does £2-3m for its opening, Pirates I do think will open lower than the previous films but £6-7m over 4-5 days but it faces Baywatch which opens on the Bank holiday Monday then Wonder Woman three days later

6-7m for Pirates? No way. 

11 hours ago, Heretic said:

Guardians has sold out all 2D shows until 7:50pm at Cineworld Crawley and it's not even 11am. Will be in the top 10 locations for sure.

Looks like Sunday will be more or less flat from Saturday. I expect this is doing more IM3/Avengers numbers. IM3 made £13.7m 4-day, Avengers made £15.8m 4 day. A figure somewhere in the middle of that seems likely for Guardians. 

Did IM3 and Avengers have a holiday 4-day opening as well?