Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Didn't even realise, it's half term this upcoming week. That plus bank holiday should mean a very good weekend, and great weekdays next week. Will help AoU on its way to £50m especially.

I'm not convinced in £50m for Avengers, it's seriously flamed out here imo.

Saw Mad Max at a 1pm showing in Birmingham (England) Cineword, quite busy and allocated seating. Was surprised, these showings usually quite quiet. Hopefully word of mouth is giving the film good legs in UK

Edited by MonstersandRoy

I'm heading to Tomorrowland this evening, and am regretting agreeing to go to an Odeon, and am taking offence to their "Blockbuster Pricing" policy. I have to pay £10 for a 2D ticket, £1 more than normal, but I'm going to be in the smallest screen in the fucking cinema. I think that's absolute horse shit on Odeon's part.

• Like 1

I'm heading to Tomorrowland this evening, and am regretting agreeing to go to an Odeon, and am taking offence to their "Blockbuster Pricing" policy. I have to pay £10 for a 2D ticket, £1 more than normal, but I'm going to be in the smallest screen in the fucking cinema. I think that's absolute horse shit on Odeon's part.

Yeah it's really bad. Especially seeing as the films most people go to see are blockbusters anyway. They may aswell just put the price up £1 and stop making idiotic excuses. What a rip off.

Yeah it's really bad. Especially seeing as the films most people go to see are blockbusters anyway. They may aswell just put the price up £1 and stop making idiotic excuses. What a rip off.

As a rule I generally avoid this cinema, but I don't have a way of getting to my local cineworld today. I'm only paying 40p less than I would be in Brighton at this cinema, which REALLY pisses me off. Hastings is not an affluent area, no matter how much Odeon likes to think it is.

Vue are annoying me so much with 3D prices. You already have to pay £3 extra for a 3D ticket and you now have to pay a £1 for 3D glasses everytime you see a 3D film so a ticket is like £18 because of those 2 things. And they wonder why people prefer to watch movies online.

Anyway seeing Tomorrowland on Wednesday and can't wait to see it

Hence why cineworld is so popular. The unlimited card was a fucking genius move by them.

Edit: Something really needs to be done about ticket prices though. The price I've paid for BFI imax has accelerated around 80% in 6 years, and it's only a little better at regular cinemas. It's completely taking the piss.

Edited by Schumacher FTW

Vue cinemas have tickets that are £3 more expensive than The Light just because they're 10 mins closer to the city centre. Basically tickets in the UK are way overpriced.

Do you live in Cambridge????!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Sorry, what? Disney mega bomb tradition continues.

Btw, can you pass by the Weekend Thread in the main forum to give us some Sat numbers?  :ph34r:

Edited by CJohn

Disney didn't really push Tomorrowland that much aside from the UK premiere and the odd chat show. Poltergeist had more ads and billboards in comparison.

It'll be interesting how San Andreas does, I imagine it'll do decently and it's a disaster film and they tend to do okay. 

Mad Max: Fury Road races to a further estimated £2.5m for £9.6m in the UK after 11 days in play.

Pitch Perfect 2 retains UK lead with estimated £2.7m for ten-day tally of £9.8m.

Tomorrowland: A World Beyond opens with around £1.4m in the UK.

Gap between MM and PP2 is shortening, MM easily won Mon-Thu, wouldn't surprise me if it beat PP2 outright. Both will do north on £15m.

So poor for Tomorrowland.

Actuals will be out tomorrow with Monday's bank holiday figures included.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1