Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

It's an excellent opening, and completely obliterates even The Avenger's 4 day opening in terms of admissions. Easily the biggest 3 day weekend for a superhero movie ever, and one of the biggest openings ever too. My expectations were a bit high, I do admit. :P

That seems about right. Had it not been for this weather, £7-8m probably could have been possible.TDRK dropped only 40% in it's second weekend. I guess it depends on how much Friday is effected, but TDRK will probably be nearer 50%, so possibly around £25m by Sunday.After that it should rebound nicely with 5 weeks of holidays.

The Dark Knight Rises has achieved the biggest three-day opening of 2012, since Avengers Assemble's £15.78m debut included £2.55m in previews.

Great for TDKR! :D

Based on a heroic costumed comicbook vigilante, The Amazing Spider-Man was always going to face a tough challenge with the arrival of The Dark Knight Rises. And so it proved to be, with the webslinger tumbling 73% from the previous weekend

Ouch, expected a drop but not that big!

The Amazing Spider-Man is the seventh title released this year to pass £20m, following The Woman in Black, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, The Hunger Games, Marvel Avengers Assemble, Prometheus and Men in Black 3. At this time last year, six 2011 releases had passed the threshold: The King's Speech, Tangled, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, The Hangover: Part 2, Transformers: Dark of the Moon and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2. It's impressive that 2012 is more than holding its own against last year with regard to this particular measure, especially when you consider international football made much of June a no-go area for potential blockbusters.

2012 looking much better than 2011! B) Edited by JCS

Yeah, this year has been very good compared to most of Europe and Japan. Bond and Hobbit will likely provide 2 more £50m+ grosses.UK and Australia have been very strong so far.Regarding the olympics, Friday's opening ceremony may have quite a significant impact as it'll probably break the ratings records. But after that the effect shouldn't be to severe.

Ice Age should become the eighth £20m film within the week, the article doesn't mention that Bridesmaids also grossed over £20m but I don't think it hit it by this stage last year. August doesn't look like it'll have an Inbetweener like film but I imagine Ted and Brave will break £20m.British films once again are doing well and while War Horse and The Pirates! didn't quite crack £20m, they still did very well and we still have Skyfall coming in October as well as The Sweeney in September.