Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Madagascar 3 arrives in the UK this week and has already generated $4.8m from 552 in previews.

Going to be a big OW for Madagascar 3 with £3M in previews already!

Should have a £7.5M+ OW at least.

Edited by JCS

Taken 2 down only 50% from the 4 day weekend, and only 40% down from the 3 day with current estimates at $6m, and $23.4m total.Should be at around $28-29m or so by next Sunday, meaning a gross in the end near $35m is looking likely. Absolutely fantastic.HT had a decent opening with $2.9m. Will probably get up to $15m with half term coming up soon.

Taken 2 doing better than expected for sure, and it may just reach £20M!HT is no match for Madagascar 3 obviously, not a good OW.

What the hell!?Almost $5m with 2 days of previews.£13-15m likely then.

I think excluding previews, it'll do £5-6m for its opening weekend although i think it's already out in Scotland so we might see Madagascar enter the top ten this week from just Scotland. Paranormal Activity should do £3m or so for five days but it's possible it could be slightly lower if Taken 2 continues to hold well. Paranormal Activity 3 decreased from PA2 so it's possible PA4 to decrease from PA3. I think box office will decline for the two weeks of November with Skyfall dominating then pick up with Breaking Dawn Part II and Rise of the Guardians.

Another great weekend!I guess the Mad3 previews include the Scotland release then to hit £3M for the weekend. Can't wait to see its OW!

£13-15m likely then.

Do you mean $ OW? It won't open with £13M-£15M and its final gross will be £20M+ at least.

:rofl:

51% decrease. That is truly terrible. Even The Expendables 2 dropped less than that.

Get a fucking life Algren. Since when did more money = better quality? You feel the need to constantly bring up everything Stallone and hate on everything and everyone that's ever had anything to do with Potter, because you are INSECURE, shallow, and you need to make yourself feel better. Why else would you spend your time calculating drops and comparing two movies that have nothing whatsoever in common with eachother?

Oh, and news flash. TE2 flopped in the UK.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1

It makes no difference at all. Second weekend drops are not related to anything regarding advertising or blockbuster status. You can twist this however you want, but the fact is that Perks is dropping harder than TE2, and you are saying that TE2 flopped, well then Perks must be flopping even harder (which is what I said, and what you had a "problem" with for some reason).

The term 'flop' is not related to production budgets either, that term is 'bomb'.

I like to see some things brought down to Earth a little. For such great reviews, it couldn't sustain a box office run in a country where Watson is apparently so popular. lol

It is fantastic, and most think so, but there are many other factors to why some films don't preform so well at the BO opposed to just good reviews.