Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

I mentioned TE2 because it's known to people on here that it disappointed in the UK. I don't follow other films, so that's the only recent one I know of. Perks dropped even more. So it's interesting.

Any anyway, I'll talk about whatever film I think best describes my point.

Comparing a Blockbuster released in August to a Teen(ish) film released in October IS pointless. With more films being released per week that aren't making mega grosses the pressure is automatically on to make bank immediately. Unfortunately Perks didn't hence why in the majority of places show times are reduced or cut completely unlike TE2 where there was nothing big released the week after and it likely still had enough screens to cater to demand.

Both TE2 and Perks are flops. Can we move on? I do hope that PA4 will disappoint, I'm sick and tired of this comedy franchise. It's certainly not horror, PA3 was the most boring film I have ever seen. I'd like Sinister to give it a hard time.

If reception starts to suck this year, they'll start to struggle with PA5. But with that wednesday launch it's guarenteed to be a hit.

Less talk about flops, more talk about hits!Beasts of the Southern Wild should do well this weekend after great reviews.

I think that has a limited run so hard to predict where it'll land but a top ten position would be great. Both Ruby Sparks and On the Road did okay business, wonder if Untouchable managed to crack £1m despite the loss of cinemas.

When do people think bond will start selling out normal cinemas?

It's extremely close to selling out Leiecester Square opening night, which is astounding.Cinemas around me have basically sold out IMAX, and OD shows in the evening are quite full...I imagine some will sell out later this week and early next week, and by Thursday, the whole OD will probably be nearly sold out.

My local Odeon has only confirmed one extra evening show so far to compliment a single screen.The eastbourne Cineworld only has one screen booking at the moment. Maybe extra screens will start booking when they begin to update today and tomorrow.

I imagine most of the advance bookings are restricted to one or two screens then expand nearer the release date, the length of Skyfall will prevent it from having a lot of showtimes but it'll make up for that with more screens.