Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

16 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Waaaaay higher, this pushing £20m for sure. More screens and looks busier than Doctor Strange near me

I’m thinking the same, it’s looking as busy as The Batman near me with the evening IMAX showings down to the bad seats already on Wednesday and Friday, with Thursday and Saturday fairly heavily sold.

That said, this seems like it’ll skew towards the premium formats maybe even more so than Marvel movies, so it all depends on walk ups with the regular screenings.

2 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Waaaaay higher, this pushing £20m for sure. More screens and looks busier than Doctor Strange near me

£20m!? 

I must admit I haven’t been looking into pre-sales much but I doubt it goes that high. If it does that would be one of the most impressive openings ever.

3 hours ago, Heretic said:

£20m!? 

I must admit I haven’t been looking into pre-sales much but I doubt it goes that high. If it does that would be one of the most impressive openings ever.

Every day this weekend is crazy busy here, the 7:30pm IMAX show is down to front 3 rows at most every day of the first 5 outside of Sunday, 4DX is super strong as well

20 hours ago, Heretic said:

Pre sales are strong in IMAX/premium formats but elsewhere I’m not seeing anything out of the ordinary that points to a £20m opening… I guess we’ll see

Yeah I’ve just scanned across a few regular showings and it’s quite quiet, definitely seems to be skewed towards PLF’s. The midnights are a total ghost town though, not surprising on a Tuesday night I guess, I don’t know what they were thinking there, Top Gun isn’t going to be pulling in the fanboy crowd who have to see it ASAP, as is evidenced by Friday being busier than Wednesday near me.

1. Doctor Strange 2 £2,968,358 -48% £35,284,937

2. Everything Everywhere £839,974 +23%  £1,889,946

3. Downton Abbey 2 £757,303 -22% £12,256,158

4. Sonic 2 £423,552 -19% £24,672,039

5. The Lost City £357,144 +2% £9,817,320

6. The Bad Guys £318,723 +4% £11,736,668

7. Fantastic Beasts 3 £237,161 -19% £20,439,174

8. Firestarter £117,536 -53% £530,497

9. Benediction £100,635

10. The Northman £95,939 -20% £4,538,790

Operation Mincemeat passed £5m. 

Excellent increases for Everything Everywhere, The Lost City and The Bad Guys. 

• Like 1

I can see Top Gun doing well in the PLFs, it's the perfect movie for either IMAX or 4DX.

Elvis' presale are already live which I wasn't expecting so soon. Wonder when Lightyear will go on sale as you'd think a big Pixar movie would be on presale by now given it's out in three weeks.

10 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I can see Top Gun doing well in the PLFs, it's the perfect movie for either IMAX or 4DX.

Elvis' presale are already live which I wasn't expecting so soon. Wonder when Lightyear will go on sale as you'd think a big Pixar movie would be on presale by now given it's out in three weeks.

Minions went on sale yesterday as well, 3D and 4DX shows for that. Elvis getting IMAX, Dolby and for some reason ScreenX

1 minute ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Minions went on sale yesterday as well, 3D and 4DX shows for that. Elvis getting IMAX, Dolby and for some reason ScreenX

I imagine the concert scenes in Elvis will be incredible in ScreenX although I agree it's an odd one for that format but I suspect it is part of WB's overall deal to produce X number of films in that format. 

15 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I imagine the concert scenes in Elvis will be incredible in ScreenX although I agree it's an odd one for that format but I suspect it is part of WB's overall deal to produce X number of films in that format. 

I feel cinemas would be better served just turning ScreenX screens back in to regular ones 😅

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I feel cinemas would be better served just turning ScreenX screens back in to regular ones 😅

I imagine the cost of uninstalling ScreenX probably is expensive and likely Cineworld and  CJ 4DPLEX have a long term contract.