Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Another fantastic weekend for TG, £70m is locked at this point, would be amazing if it could manage to crack the top 10.

Actually a pretty decent drop for JW in the end. Lightyear poor opening not unexpected.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Just beat The Lion King, that's all I ask

Hard to tell,but It's possible

the 4th Weekend gross is bit lower than TLK

Biggest 4th Weekend in UK:

1 Star Wars The Froce Awaken £6,001,948

2 Skyfall £5,566,537

3 Avatar £4,770,980

4 No Time to Die £4,672,560

5 No way Home £4,470,262

6 The Lord of the Rings:The Fellowship of the ring £4,371,354

7 The Lion King £4,366,824

8 Top Gun:Maverick £4,200,000

9 Titanic £3,840,000

10 Spectre £3,821,156

and TLK drop only 15% from 3rd weekend,it gross 59m by the end of 4th Weekend,TG2 short to 1m+

Edited by Bruce
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Dark Alfred said:

With LY and somewhat JWD disappointing, it should get some IMAX screens back soon or definitely after Thor. 80m maybe be a bit too far to reach, but many of the films in the top 10 got re-releases, so we can see this in cinemas in January again. 

IMAX going 4 ways at BFI IMAX and Cineworld this weekend

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

IMAX going 4 ways at BFI IMAX and Cineworld this weekend

Same near me. Elvis seems to be getting the prime evening slot though with TGM getting the 16:30 slot apart from on Tuesday where TGM gets the evening slot. JWD is relegated to the early afternoon, and Lightyear is dropped from IMAX entirely after Sunday. Pixar and animation in general never really seems to do particularly well for IMAX here though, families always choose the cheaper standard 2D option.

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Doesn’t look like a very good start for The Black Phone yesterday. 

I went last night and it wasn’t very busy. Didn’t find the film remotely scary either unfortunately. 

I’m seeing The Black Phone tomorrow and the ticket sales look pretty anaemic around me. Most of the reviews seem to indicate that it’s not particularly “scary”, but I’m hopeful that the story is at least compelling.

3 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

I’m seeing The Black Phone tomorrow and the ticket sales look pretty anaemic around me. Most of the reviews seem to indicate that it’s not particularly “scary”, but I’m hopeful that the story is at least compelling.

Yeh it’s still entertaining. Those Blumhouse trailers really do show far too much though. 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2022 at 3:24 AM, The Dark Alfred said:

My local IMAX and most ODEON IMAX are going afternoon matinee and early eve for TGM next week. We don't want to fall behind Oz and US as the most impressive market for TGM :)

Don't think it can match OZ. OZ will be in top 5 grossers, UK may be 12/13.