Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Paramount comedy Confess, Fletch opened to £56,000 from 306 cinemas, at an average of just £183.

Ouch lol. I actually had that trailer play before a few films recently. 

Considering it was straight to Paramount+ in the US weeks ago, I’m not overly surprised. It always seemed like an odd one to push for a theatrical release in the UK.

47 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Booked Avatar tickets. 

Avatar seems to have an additional +£1 surcharge on IMAX 3D, it costs £1 more than Wakanda Forever and Black Adam did. 

34 showings a day at my local. 

They’re the same as WF and BA at mine, £18.99 for IMAX 3D. It also looks like IMAX is exclusively 3D for at least the first two weeks, not seen that in years, I think even Force Awakens had a handful of 2D shows sprinkled in there.

Although interestingly, my local The Light seems to be betting on 2D, with 18 showings a day but only three 3D showings in a mid-size screen. I can’t help but feel that will bite them in the arse, even though 3D is on its deathbed for the most part, if there’s one film that people will want to see in 3D, it’s going to be this.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

They’re the same as WF and BA at mine, £18.99 for IMAX 3D. It also looks like IMAX is exclusively 3D for at least the first two weeks, not seen that in years, I think even Force Awakens had a handful of 2D shows sprinkled in there.

Although interestingly, my local The Light seems to be betting on 2D, with 18 showings a day but only three 3D showings in a mid-size screen. I can’t help but feel that will bite them in the arse, even though 3D is on its deathbed for the most part, if there’s one film that people will want to see in 3D, it’s going to be this.

Yeh I agree, I would go big on the 3D especially for this. Mine is 18 3D, 16 2D. 

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh I agree, I would go big on the 3D especially for this. Mine is 18 3D, 16 2D. 

The Light seems to be the only one going big with 2D. Odeon is majority 3D and the local Cineworld is 24 3D (including IMAX, 4DX and VIP) and 18 2D. They’ve even got 7:30am showings which have sold a few tickets.

It seems to be outpacing Black Panther in the premium formats so far.

22 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

The Light seems to be the only one going big with 2D. Odeon is majority 3D and the local Cineworld is 24 3D (including IMAX, 4DX and VIP) and 18 2D. They’ve even got 7:30am showings which have sold a few tickets.

It seems to be outpacing Black Panther in the premium formats so far.

I'd imagine with The Light, they aren't a chain that invested heavily in 3D during the last wave, I don't think outside the first week or two that it'll overly hurt them though. 

• Like 1