Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

23 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

Given the length of the film, unless you wanted to be in the cinema past midnight, you really needed to be aiming for a 7pm showtime, and with most people finishing work at 5, it will likely have limited it’s potential yesterday. Plus unless you’re near a cinema doing late shows, the 7pm-ish PLF’s were the only viable PLF options for some people, so the OD number isn’t too surprising really. 

Anecdotally it does seem busier near me today, IMAX has been sold out all day and 2D/regular 3D is looking stronger than yesterday.

I'm clearly getting old because I can't be doing with late showings unless it's a short film. Something like Avatar is more of an afternoon or early evening show.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I'm clearly getting old because I can't be doing with late showings unless it's a short film. Something like Avatar is more of an afternoon or early evening show.

Same here. No Time to Die at 11:30pm on a Friday after a long day at work was the last time I’m ever doing a late show. I enjoyed the film, but felt like death afterwards.

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I would point out that there are train strikes that probably has a small impact for Friday and today. I would expect that it'll have good legs over Christmas. There's no real competition until February. 

Bloody train strikes, took me an age to get out of London this morning. Then 2 hours to drive in again after 😭

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Nah you're not alone on that. My attention span drops substantially late at night so no way in hell would I ever watch a film like A2 or even a shorter film at 9 or so. Though my sleep pattern is erratic af which probably plays a part.

Just came out of the 7pm IMAX show in Cineworld Leicester Square which was ofcourse sold out. There was another showing at 11:10pm which judging by how busy the lobby area was, was quite a full show also. People would be getting out of that at gone 2am

Edited by Heretic

18 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Just came out of the 7pm IMAX show in Cineworld Leicester Square which was ofcourse sold out. There was another showing at 11:10pm which judging by how busy the lobby area was, was quite a full show also. People would be getting out of that at gone 2am

How are audience scores in UK?

15 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

I think it will be mixed, too. Not because I disliked the film. Apparently HFR is terrible in 2D. Expecting great WoM for those who watch it in 3D IMAX and the demand will be there for those screens the next few weeks for sure, but you need standard screenings as well for mega total.

You mean 3D? Cameron in one of his recent interviews said they don't use HFR for 2D screenings.