Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Has Love Again been promoted at all, seems like Sony has cut their losses already.

Fast X and Mermaid are hard to predict, I'd probably say Fast will be £6-7m OW, Mermaid probably Aladdin numbers.

I don’t think there has been much for Love Again, but it did have an unlimited screening.

Weekend Numbers (FSS)

Film Distributor Weeks on release Weekend Total Total Box Office
1 Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3 Walt Disney 2 £5,349,346 £23,988,608
2 Super Mario Bros. Universal Pictures 6 £858,444 £51,077,190
3 Love Again Sony Pictures 1 £340,785 £340,785
4 Book Club: The Next Chapter Universal Pictures 1 £299,370 £299,370
5 Evil Dead Rise STUDIOCANAL 4 £258,417 £5,024,234
6 2018 RFT Films Ltd 2 £242,217 £429,636
7 Eurovision – Grand Final Live CinemaLive 1 £237,787 £237,787
8 The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry Entertainment One UK 3 £179,078 £2,772,119
9 John Wick : Chapter 4 Lionsgate UK 8 £121,185 £17,394,742
10 Dungeons & Dragons: Honour Among Thieves Entertainment One UK 7 £99,553 £13,553,581
11 Air Warner Bros. 6 £81,872 £4,764,894
12 The Eight Mountains Picturehouse Entertainment 1 £72,025 £72,025
13 Machine Gun Kelly: Mainstream Sellout Live From Cleveland Trafalgar Releasing 1 £57,624 £57,624
14 Mummies Warner Bros. 7 £48,074 £3,010,549
15 Jodi Rhythm Boyz Entertainment 2 £42,339 £190,154

Source: Comscore

• Like 4

Spoke to Cineworld earlier and there are no evening PLF’s for Little Mermaid currently because Fast X is keeping most of them. Whew, that’s a bad move. 

4DX, 3D and 2D IMAX are only during the day and very late night. The 7pm & 8pm showings are staying with Fast X. 

They did say they’ll see what the opening weekend for Fast X is like and they can change their mind, they’ll know before the 22nd. 

17 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Spoke to Cineworld earlier and there are no evening PLF’s for Little Mermaid currently because Fast X is keeping most of them. Whew, that’s a bad move. 

4DX, 3D and 2D IMAX are only during the day and very late night. The 7pm & 8pm showings are staying with Fast X. 

They did say they’ll see what the opening weekend for Fast X is like and they can change their mind, they’ll know before the 22nd. 

That's likely not Cineworld's decision, rather down to Universal having something binding with most of the PLFs. Apart from Super screen, they run that stuff. 

2 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

That's likely not Cineworld's decision, rather down to Universal having something binding with most of the PLFs. Apart from Super screen, they run that stuff. 

Yeh he did say they can change their mind if it doesn’t do as well as expected. 

Usually Disney want everything regardless. 

I don't think Little Mermaid would do that well in 4DX in the evening. 

The PLFs are going to limited anyway due to a packed June and July although I could see Mission Impossible retaining 4DX until The Meg 2 even if loses IMAX and other PLFs to Oppenheimer.

Edited by Jonwo

11 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I don't think Little Mermaid would do that well in 4DX in the evening. 

The PLFs are going to limited anyway due to a packed June and July although I could see Mission Impossible retaining 4DX until The Meg 2 even if loses IMAX and other PLFs to Oppenheimer.

Yeh I can see why for families- but me for example, we don’t have kids and a group of us wanted to see it in IMAX after work, but not at 22.20 lol. 

5 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Is anyone else braving Beau is Afraid this weekend? 

My partner is making me go because there’s a Mariah Carey song in it. 3 hours and polarising reaction. We’ll see 😂

I would have loved too, just to show some love for Aster and pure curiosity on what's making people have such vitriolic reactions

But my local isn't showing Beau or Margaret so it's looking like a Fast and Furious weekend for me 😅

Let us know how Beau goes down!

• Like 1