Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

59 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Comps F9?

F9 opened on a Thursday and did £1.2m then a £4.8m Fri-Sun for a £6m four day. 

This was with 50% cinema capacity restrictions still in place. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

F9 opened on a Thursday and did £1.2m then a £4.8m Fri-Sun for a £6m four day. 

This was with 50% cinema capacity restrictions still in place. 

I'm guessing £6.5-7m OW which would be decent. 

12 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Is anyone else braving Beau is Afraid this weekend? 

My partner is making me go because there’s a Mariah Carey song in it. 3 hours and polarising reaction. We’ll see 😂

I saw it. It's a mess. It has its moments though and Phoenix is fantastic. It's just a bit exhausting by the third act.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

I saw it. It's a mess. It has its moments though and Phoenix is fantastic. It's just a bit exhausting by the third act.

Yep, that’s about the same as I felt too. The first half is great, really engaging and intriguing, and then it goes so far off the rails that it just becomes an irredeemable mess that makes no sense whatsoever. It’s so damn long as well, and once you’re into the second half of it, you really feel those minutes crawling by. It felt like 3 days, not 3 hours. It’s such a shame as well though, because that first half is genuinely good and could have gone somewhere interesting in regards to representing how people deal with anxiety.

Quite a few walkouts and laughter at parts that definitely weren’t meant to be funny in my showing too.

I don’t think it’s a career ender, but someone at A24 needs to reign him in a bit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

Yep, that’s about the same as I felt too. The first half is great, really engaging and intriguing, and then it goes so far off the rails that it just becomes an irredeemable mess that makes no sense whatsoever. It’s so damn long as well, and once you’re into the second half of it, you really feel those minutes crawling by. It felt like 3 days, not 3 hours. It’s such a shame as well though, because that first half is genuinely good and could have gone somewhere interesting in regards to representing how people deal with anxiety.

Quite a few walkouts and laughter at parts that definitely weren’t meant to be funny in my showing too.

I don’t think it’s a career ender, but someone at A24 needs to reign him in a bit.

I wonder if there is such a thing as too much creative freedom. 

6 hours ago, The Dark Alfred said:

It's a blank cheque film from the studio, Aster did well for them with his previous films.

6 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I wonder if there is such a thing as too much creative freedom. 

Yeh I watched Kermode, they interviewed Aster and asked who he made the film for and he said “myself”. Clearly it shows lol. 

£2.22m for Fast X

Comparisons

F9 Thursday £1.2m, Friday £1.4m. 4 day OW £6.1m (released during Covid restrictions)

F8 Wednesday £3.1m, Thursday £2.2m, Friday £3.4m. 5 day OW £14m

F7 Friday £5.8m. OW £12.6m

Hobbs & Shaw Thursday £1.4m, Friday £1.5m. 4 day OW £6.3m

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, UKBoxOffice said:

Rest of the top 5

GotG £732k

Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret £82k

Mario £74k

Beau Is Afraid £73k

Whew. Only two films over £100k on Friday.

Bring on Little Mermaid and the June films. 

Fast franchise is way past its peak here. 

However, I would also put this partly down to the good weather across most of the country as Saturday increases are very muted.

Edited by Heretic

51 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

This is good weather? 

Yesterday was good and it’s sunny across most of country today, just not London lol

But come on you’re a Brit, 20 degrees and a bit of sun is all we need 

32 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Yesterday was good and it’s sunny across most of country today, just not London lol

But come on you’re a Brit, 20 degrees and a bit of sun is all we need 

I've been a bit too accustomed to mid 30s over the last month, what we have in London right now just feels meh after coming home 😅